• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Canadian Woes purchasing new gun.. What are my options and your thoughts?

Well.. I finally got my licence in the mail. Ready to go, all excited and then when I Iook to purchase there is really one store that sells airguns in Canada that I know of.
Airgunsource.ca (https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/rifles/pcp-rifles/25-cal/)

My goal was to go .25 for hunting/target shooting.

My thoughts were. 25 cal. FX Crown (Laminate)....SOLD OUT.

Now where to go? 
1. I can go Crown in walnut, but it loses the cheek riser, never had one before that had a riser.. not sure if this is something that is a big deal or not?
2. Daystate wolverine 2 Hi-lite (non-regulated) Months before (R) version comes in
3. Fx Royale 500
4. Fx Streamline
5. Daystate Huntsman Regal (Non R version).

The gentleman on the phone is excellent and I would like to do business with him.. but his stock is killing me lol. 

Unfortunately.... we have certain laws that prohibit bullpups etc (not the point of this conversation).
There is only a limited supply and new airguns are months away.... Which means, wait or pick what is in stock.

I'm not sure if I can import an airgun from the USA.. b/c if it is easy I would certainly go that route.

Looking at the list.. which would you purchase and why?

Appreciate your feedback

Legally in most US states Air rifles are considered an adult toy (over 18 to buy)even in the people’s republic of NY our comrade governor has not changed the law. If you live near the border find out if you can bring one back with you on a US visit. You can always have one shipped to a UPS store where for a fee they will hold it for you. I don’t know if this is an option for you Krale in the Netherlands the ship to the US in 2-4 days max.

It's not worth buying one in the USA and trying to bring it across IMO its not like you'll say oh here I bought this and bring it home with you. Not going to happen, either wait till the Crown you want is in or choose something else. Do you plan on having adjustable scope mounts? If you plan on using the No-Limits ones and having them jacked up then having an adjustable cheekpiece would be nice otherwise I doubt you'd miss it again my opinion.

It says the laminate will be in stock in 1-2 weeks but not sure how accurate that is. I'd say go for the Crown or Royale.

Yeah AirgunSource is ok, its our option. When I bought my gun I asked for extra o-rings (ignored) then a few months later asked some questions via email and asked about o-ring kits (that question ignored). Then my aluminum bottles check valve was leaking so I sent an email saying this and was told to send it in. I get it back fixed but with a bunch of stupid tool marks on it from obviously not using the right tool or using them properly. Then lately I asked for some parts because I want to do a little project (ignored) then finally call him and was told he honestly didn't see the email. So I emailed him the parts list right after getting off the phone with him at the same time emailed FXUSA, I had my parts from the USA faster than our Canadian dealer could get back to me with a price. Nice!

Glem et Al

That sounds horrible. He has always been ok on the phone.. but I have not had a gun.. so that limits it. As far as I know, we don't have any other dealers for FX.

I don't have any scope mounts yet. I did get the Aztec scope already and plan to use it on this gun. So.. I still need advice on which ones to grab. Sportmatch...IDK???
I'm not too far from the border (tornoto ish), but I don't want to be on the wrong side of the law.

NL-LAW.. would like to hear about the differences between the daystate and crown if you have the time. 

Tominco has a video comparing different rings I love the No-Limits FX ones, and yeah that's our Canadian dealer that's why I said its our option. Irregardless how far you are from the border, for example the Crown and Royale have different shrouds/moderators to the Canadian counterpart so CBSA would hold it forever then say you can't have it here with that barrel. Not worth it.

I would buy another gun from AGS but I would just as soon order parts and fix it myself if I ever needed warranty work, if I was South of the border I would be a customer of Utah Airguns, he offered to send me any o-ring I need just gotta ask! That's how it should be.

if you can import from us joe brancato has all the Crowns in stock,,, if you cant i would get a marauder in 25 cal ,,,fx no limit rings aztec scope supposed to be really good,, shooting bags find a chair and table get a tank and compressor used or the cheapie ones ,, then put a order in for the crown by the time you get it you will have gotten the gear you need then,, when the Crown comes in,,, youll still have the marauder,, maybe get a second cheap scope for it Hawke vantage 3,9 ,40 $ 105 and you have a second gun for a shooting buddy,way more fun shooting with someone,,HYNZIE

if you can import from us joe brancato has all the Crowns in stock,,, if you cant i would get a marauder in 25 cal ,,,fx no limit rings aztec scope supposed to be really good,, shooting bags find a chair and table get a tank and compressor used or the cheapie ones ,, then put a order in for the crown by the time you get the CROWN you will have gotten the gear you need then,, when the Crown comes in,,, youll still have the marauder,, maybe get a second cheap scope for it Hawke vantage 3,9 ,40 $ 105 and you have a second gun for a shooting buddy,way more fun shooting with someone,,HYNZIE