• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Canadian Version of the Air Venturi Avenger

I have just ordered an Air Venturi Avenger in .22 Caliber. Up here in the great white north we get the "Canadian Version" which has no moderator built into the shroud. This was achieved by the factory building the Canadian version with an extended barrel that comes out to the removable shroud cap. It will be interesting to see how that affects the gun. It will for sure be louder, may produce better Muzzle velocity at a given air reg setting/hammer spring setting and I will be curious to see what if any affect it has on Accuracy.

Reactions: Crimson Mist
I have just ordered an Air Venturi Avenger in .22 Caliber. Up here in the great white north we get the "Canadian Version" which has no moderator built into the shroud. This was achieved by the factory building the Canadian version with an extended barrel that comes out to the removable shroud cap. It will be interesting to see how that affects the gun. It will for sure be louder, may produce better Muzzle velocity at a given air reg setting/hammer spring setting and I will be curious to see what if any affect it has on Accuracy.
I thought it would have been Maple flavored 😂.

Post your results when you get one.

Reactions: drpietrzak

Albeix

I also have the Air Venturi Avenger .22cal. "Canadian Version" end of summer sale :cool: I have not had a chance to shoot it, I am still working on getting all of the supporting pieces, compressor, filters, a bench rest, etc. It's my first PCP rifle. When I start shooting I will give feedback on the affects and accuracy of the extended barrel. I want to know too?

Albeix

I also have the Air Venturi Avenger .22cal. "Canadian Version" end of summer sale :cool: I have not had a chance to shoot it, I am still working on getting all of the supporting pieces, compressor, filters, a bench rest, etc. It's my first PCP rifle. When I start shooting I will give feedback on the affects and accuracy of the extended barrel. I want to know too?
Where in the CDN domain are you??

Where in the CDN domain are you??
I live in Pacifica CA. I bought my rifle from; airgunarcheryfun.ca so I think I am one of the few to have the "Canadian Version" and like you I hope that gives us or me ( in the US) a accuracy EDEG! Albeix, I will give you as much feedback as I can on the "Canadian Version" when I can finally get all the pieces I need to start shooting, and I am looking forward to hearing about your shooting experiences, and I hope we both hear from other owners of the "Canadian Version" and this becomes a long thread of helpful information for all of us!
Albeix, thank you for starting this thread!

Last edited:
I live in Pacifica CA. I bought my rifle from; airgunarcheryfun.ca so I think I am one of the few to have the "Canadian Version" and like you I hope that gives us or me ( in the US) a accuracy EDEG! Albeix, I will give you as much feedback as I can on the "Canadian Version" when I can finally get all the pieces I need to start shooting, and I am looking forward to hearing about your shooting experiences, and I hope we both hear from other owners of the "Canadian Version" and this becomes a long thread of helpful information for all of us!
Albeix, thank you for starting this thread!
Hi. Did you end up with a Cdn Version by choice or was it a price advantage to buy from Canada with US currency? As for me reporting results it will be a while as we are currently on the Coast waiting out the worst of the winter until early March. That and I am waiting on the Feds to send me my Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) card which may take some time even after I get back. SOOO... will be watching for any results you have to report with keen interest.,

If it'd truly a Canadian version, it will be unshrouded AND power limited to under 500 fps. Gotta love the up north eh?
Bootscreep - Not strictly true. As a Canadian citizen I can purchase any airgun with a muzzle velocity of 500 FPS or less without any sort of licencing requirements. So that part of your response is true. That said, if I want to purchase any firearm with a Muzzle velocity greater that 500 FPS I need a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL). With that in hand I can purchase any legally available firearm I wish.

Bootscreep - Not strictly true. As a Canadian citizen I can purchase any airgun with a muzzle velocity of 500 FPS or less without any sort of licencing requirements. So that part of your response is true. That said, if I want to purchase any firearm with a Muzzle velocity greater that 500 FPS I need a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL). With that in hand I can purchase any legally available firearm I wish.
Correct. However, any airgun in Canada thats marketed as "Canadian version" is the under 500 fps models. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a Canadian version it would be the standard model.

I burnt myself once buying a rifle from Canada I thought was the standard model. I didn't read the fine print. Easy enough to just pull out the exhaust port restrictor it had, but that's my experience anyhow.

• Sad
Correct. However, any airgun in Canada thats marketed as "Canadian version" is the under 500 fps models. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a Canadian version it would be the standard model.

I burnt myself once buying a rifle from Canada I thought was the standard model. I didn't read the fine print. Easy enough to just pull out the exhaust port restrictor it had, but that's my experience anyhow.
"Canadian version" is the under 500 fps models - Not quite The Air Venturi Avenger I purchased is the full power "Canadian Version" What makes it the Canadian Version is the elimination - at the factory - of the silencer by manufacturing with a longer barrel that goes right out to the screw on shroud end cap. This is done because silencers/modifiers are not legal in Canada. Yet another example of bad legislation, which like bad air, we Canadians just have to learn to live with.

"Canadian version" is the under 500 fps models - Not quite The Air Venturi Avenger I purchased is the full power "Canadian Version" What makes it the Canadian Version is the elimination - at the factory - of the silencer by manufacturing with a longer barrel that goes right out to the screw on shroud end cap. This is done because silencers/modifiers are not legal in Canada. Yet another example of bad legislation, which like bad air, we Canadians just have to learn to live with.
Ok gotcha. The gun I purchased was shrouded in the listing pics but arrived unshrouded AND limited to about 480fps. I always thought it was the velocity restriction made it the Canadian version.

Thanks for the clarification!

Hey, Albeix & Boostcreep
This is what's on; airgunarcheryfun.ca. Site? I hope this helps! This is where I picked up my AVA Rifle.

Air Venturi Avenger, Regulated High power PCP Air Rifle .22 – Canadian Edition (no silencing)​

If in Canada you must have a valid firearms license to purchase this rifle. Once the purchase is made, please send a picture of your Firearms license and other ID to [email protected]. Thanks

The Avenger has finally come to Canada! There are many exciting youtube reviews on this rifle, which is known for its great accuracy and the externally adjustable regulator, something only seen previously on much more expensive rifles.

• Pre-Charged Pneumatic
  • 930 fps
  • Sidelever Cocking
  • Synthetic Stock
  • Externally Adjustable Regulator (Up to 3,000 PSI / 210 BAR)
  • Easily accessible Hammer Spring Adjustment Screw
  • Two-Stage Adjustable Trigger
  • Max Fill Pressure: 4,351 PSI (300 BAR)
  • Fully Shrouded Barrel – No sound suppression
  • Picatinny Rail on Fore-end of stock
  • Holes in front and rear of stock for mounting swivel studs for a sling
  • Dual Gauges – Reg Pressure (RH Side) and Fill Pressure (LH Side)
  • Male Quick Disconnect Fill Fitting
  • Easy Access Degassing Screw
  • Manual Safety
  • 11mm dovetail/weaver combination scope rail
  • Magazine Capacity: 10 shots in.22, 8 shots in 0.25
  • Includes two magazines and single shot tray

Last edited:
Ok gotcha. The gun I purchased was shrouded in the listing pics but arrived unshrouded AND limited to about 480fps. I always thought it was the velocity restriction made it the Canadian version.

Thanks for the clarification!
Boostcreep, did you ever get your shroud? did they ship the shroud separately? or were you living in Canadian at the time you placed your order for your AVA rifle?, or was this not a AVA rifle? Thank You! for your time and clarification! Boostcreep

I didn't purchase an avenger but a Kral rifle from Canada Shooting Supply. Same deal though, it was restricted with a set screw in the valve exhaust port to limit power and didn't come with a shroud but it was in the pictures. Now on the site it says shroud not included in fine print IN the pictures next to the shroud lol.

Just for fun new Pic's of the longer barrel,
image1.jpeg
View attachment image0.jpeg