• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Canadian Impact MK ll

I got my 700-25 two days ago. Didn't had a chance to set it up yet.

The snow is melting also it was raining a whole day, the air is just way to thick, my YH compressor picking up all that moisture even in my basement with air furnace running. Now collecting parts and fittings to build an air dryer first I don't want to ruin a brand new gun.

And tomorrow flying out for two weeks family trip.

I am stretching my patience pretty well as you can see but oh well I was waiting for 3 months already because I wanted this gun.

Btw, In my way home from AGS I stoped at one gun store in Markham (Solely Outdoors) to see if they have 34 mm adjustable scope rings for my 10-40x50. No luck, but I saw they have Nikko's and they can order in my high power preference.

The price for the 10-50x60 Diamond Spotsman ( with green turrets btw) target scope is way lower then anywhere I could find worldwide on web, $1150 to $1350 (all depend of the reticle setup) suprising for Canadian market as usually.

I got my 700-25 two days ago. Didn't had a chance to set it up yet.

The snow is melting also it was raining a whole day, the air is just way to thick, my YH compressor picking up all that moisture even in my basement with air furnace running. Now collecting parts and fittings to build an air dryer first I don't want to ruin a brand new gun.

And tomorrow flying out for two weeks family trip.

I am stretching my patience pretty well as you can see but oh well I was waiting for 3 months already because I wanted this gun.

Have fun my friend.

What is a burn-in time for the Impact orings? How many pellets/refills?

Also my next step will be sigting in the scope. I was looking into bench rests and vises in some stores, all look plastic or just way too clunky metal to me....

I am a mechanical design engineer (and I am 60yo) and I just never trusted any "pro technician" to setup my bows and crossbows, or even touch my car (I let the cooking to my wife at a very first date to take care of the kitchen, and I ended up happily married for over 33 years ;) ).

Most likely I will build a bench-sight in fixture for myself, I have an idea but always open for more views. Anybody can share some ideas for front/rear XYZ offsets?

Sorry I just realized this question may better asked at the Benchrest section, will re-post there instead.

Can you imagine this my story?

We (my wife and my older son) had a booked vacation trip to Charleston/SC. Saturday in the way to airport (about 45 minutes Hwy drive) I received a notification from AmericanAirlines the flight have been rescheduled for next day Sunday do to oversold tickets. Anyway we kept going to airport...and back home again kind of frustrated, but WTF. Sunday again to airport, sitting already in the AA airplain, "They" extending the lift every hour and after some 4 hours relaxing in a sit (about 8.30 pm) "They" saying "sorry folks there is a glitch in the system" everybody out. Some two hours later a lady comes to ask if anybody would want to cancel? A wink to my wife and son, we heading to exit with guards, calling my younger son for pickup, he was a most pissed I believe ;)

Not going to details, a system software glitch or this recent virus may be a reason....no public comment regards

Fast forwarding the story. ( in the morning, sitting now in front of my MK2PP (wife and son went back to work, oh well I am on vacation leave👍 ) , following the Russian scientists guidelines at the moment (you better google it I am already inline :) ).

Mounted the 10x40-150 for first time, looking for the best eye relief, figured I am missing about 3 finger (thickness) of draw, the stock is way short. Oh man, that is a problem...if I get myself an adjustable stock length a f*cking case is short...if I move the scope forward still my draw is short...why is this case short for 3-4 inches? What is this wobble in the barrel? Why they didn't put stiffer orings at a first place? or shall I shim it? Ordered the Huma parts yesterday most likely a week out to arrive, AGS doesn't have a spare pellet probes, what else? Can't think of at this moment but most likely I will figure soon.

Am I stressed out? Gee what a life....going to wash my car... yahoo saying 60% raining tomorrow. Me better pickup some "virus prevention"

I am relaxed now :) ....the bipod I was using at home is way too high for FX, I need to elevate the rear stock (original FX) to get inline with my ultrasound chronograph, my son woke up and telling me no bread in house, I need to find a piece of lumber to fix the tripod head inline with FX if I want to finish a day with my chronograph alive, wife almost at home me better decent myself :) not sure what is a latest story with that virus-19 shall I worry?

Wow that's quit the story, you have some really bad luck . That's unfortunate being a family vacation. I fly out of Niagara Falls to Myrtle beach, cheaper flights. Going next month with a day trip planned to Charleston but it might get cancelled due to virus so I might drive.

my new compressor arrived but i need to pick up a few fittings tomorrow and 4500psi tank arrives on Wed, i still have not shot it yet and also waiting for parts.