• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Canada calls to ban Airsoft, Pellet, and BB Guns - Bill C-21

The Canadian Liberal Government has proposed a Bill-C21 to move to ban anything 500 FPS or less, that resembles a modern firearm. This means all replicas, BB guns, and AIRSOFT guns will be banned if this is passed. I know we're up here in Canada and it's not the most interesting news for you, but believe me your politicians are watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK7OIxRBT8k

Thanks for the heads up and I am so sorry that you are experiencing this tragedy of your human rights. Are you legally allowed to own air guns above the 500 FPS threshold they propose to ban? I was under the impression that Canadians were allowed to own and use hunting style weapons with the proper permits. Would this include high powered air guns as well?

The actual wording of the bill contradicts your scare tactic rhetoric. Interesting that you ask people not to lie while doing it yourself.

Ensure mid-velocity 'replica' firearms are prohibited

• Update the Criminal Code to ensure that any device, including an unregulated airgun that looks exactly like a conventional regulated firearm (i.e., shoots over 500 feet per second), is prohibited for the purposes of import, export, sale and transfer.
  • Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else.
  • No further 'replica' firearms could be imported into, or sold/transferred in Canada.
  • This amendment does not affect other types of airguns that do not exactly replicate a conventional regulated firearm.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/cntrng-crm/frrms/c21-en.aspx

There is a whole lot of stuff intended to directly help communities too, funding for community programs against gang violence, services to help those inclined to self-harm, and other stuff.

Thanks for the heads up and I am so sorry that you are experiencing this tragedy of your human rights. Are you legally allowed to own air guns above the 500 FPS threshold they propose to ban? I was under the impression that Canadians were allowed to own and use hunting style weapons with the proper permits. Would this include high powered air guns as well?

So far yes, all guns above 500 FPS are legal if you have yourself a PAL (Possession & Acquisition License). I'm okay with that part, but anything below 500 FPS will become Prohibited and you won't be able to Buy, Sell, Trade, or use your gun in any public setting.

The actual wording of the bill contradicts your scare tactic rhetoric. Interesting that you ask people not to lie while doing it yourself.

• Update the Criminal Code to ensure that any device, including an unregulated airgun that looks exactly like a conventional regulated firearm (i.e., shoots over 500 feet per second), is prohibited for the purposes of import, export, sale and transfer.
  • Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else.
  • No further 'replica' firearms could be imported into, or sold/transferred in Canada.
  • This amendment does not affect other types of airguns that do not exactly replicate a conventional regulated firearm.

There is a whole lot of stuff intended to directly help communities too, funding for community programs against gang violence, services to help those inclined to self-harm, and other stuff.

What am I lying about here? That's a big statement. I've said nothing untrue in my video that I'm aware of, and I don't appreciate the fact you're calling me out falsely. 

Thank you for the explanation. Out of curiosity, how much does a PAL license cost and are does the PAL pertain to one gun or to each and every gun you own?

A PAL will give you a license to purchase non-restricted firearms, which include, bolt action rifles, shotguns, airguns above 500 FPS. If you want to own Semi-Automatics (which are also under attack) or a hand gun, you require an RPAL (Restricted Possession & Acquisition License. RPAL applicants have to take an additional 6 hour course over and above the 8 hour course for the PAL, and there's already further background checks.

We're already at the level of gun control that the USA (democrats) wants to get to, but now our government wants add more to it.

$60

The fee for a PAL is $60 for non-restricted, $80 for restricted or prohibited (grandfathered or inherited prohibited firearms). If an applicant is wishing to have multiple endorsements on their license, the maximum fee is $80. Currently, the same costs apply for renewing both license classification types.

Plus the fee of the courses which is usually around $150 for both. 

"looks exactly" looks (sic) like a legal loop hole to me.

So basically all my Replicas. Glock, Shadow2, Peacemaker, Schofield (although it may be modelled after and Antique, not sure of the year). Daisy Red Ryder is modeled after lever action rifles. "LOOKS EXACTLY" might be a loophole, but I'm sure it's not the intention, I could be wrong. We're learning more each day, and the words of the bill have already changed. 

This thread and every thread that has been posted on this bill is fearmongering for airgunners. I've read the bill and it states "REPLICAS". Majority of airguns are not replicas - maybe the Legends line or some of the Glocks - but most of those are a POS so who really cares. Seems to be targeting airsoft - where most everything is a replica of form and function for the purpose of cosplay and real feel of emersion. 

The problem with these bills is that they never impact the criminals - only the law abiding citizens.

👆 This is why I don't live in Canada.

This is unfortunate, but the title seems misleading. It appears they are not banning ALL airguns, only replicas below a certain FPS. PCP bottle guns and similar would still be legal.

Absolutely, but the majority of airguns in canada are below 500 FPS. This bill will put a lot of businesses out of business as they can't survive on PAL Rated airguns alone. If the airgun stores go out of business, very few firearms stores will be bothering with PAL rated guns (Above 500 fps, license required).

Title is somewhat clickbaity yes, but that's the point... I explain what's actually banned in the video. Also this is just the starting point, if they get away with this, what's next?

What does this bill propose to accomplish? Are all these "replica guns" a huge problem right now?

And of course there is stuff intended to directly help communities in the bill too -- that's how they justify passing it! If each bill were only ONE issue, much less would get passed. Instead, they serve it up like a 5 course meal on one plate. You have to buy the whole plate, even if you only want 3 of the courses. Bad analogy, but you get the picture.

"your scare tactic rhetoric" I agree your posting statement "Canada is banning Airguns, Airsoft, Pellet, and BB Guns – Watchout USA is next" is very irresponsible.

tim.

You're nitpicking here, and that's not helpful. They are banning those items, you only have so much room for a title... I couldn't write up the entire Bill in the title.

This thread and every thread that has been posted on this bill is fearmongering for airgunners. I've read the bill and it states "REPLICAS". Majority of airguns are not replicas - maybe the Legends line or some of the Glocks - but most of those are a POS so who really cares. Seems to be targeting airsoft - where most everything is a replica of form and function for the purpose of cosplay and real feel of emersion. 

The problem with these bills is that they never impact the criminals - only the law abiding citizens.

Yup. I think Airsoft is the target too. And why? Because they just don't "like" it.