• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Can you see your pellets?

I see my pellets all the time, especially in night mode, just the other day the sun was just right to reflect off the .457 round balls we were shooting out of my Texan, I also was able to see when the sun was just right the flight of 762x39's I was shooting 400 yards out with open sites, the sun was just about an hour before sundown and reflected perfectly off the back of the bullet, looked like a tracer shot in the day light.

Depending on the backdrop and the sun or light position, yes. I like to shoot at night with light behind me and light shining on the target from near the path of.flight. I can track the pellet over a 100y yard shot. And there is usually less wind at night. Scope focus plays a part too. For best pellet viewing, focus shot of the target a bit. That way the pellet comes into focus before the target, giving you more time to see it.

I have seen shotgun slugs fly down range under the right conditions.

Fairly common. I see all my different size pellets from different guns from time to time. My .177 Wildcat at 950 fps is easily visible.

Also, if you see your pellet curling or making some weird movement like a knuckleball or hooking in from the right or left, then you have either clipping or the pellet is too fast. That spells "inaccurate". If you watched that little video of someone's .30, look at how the pellet flies. It should have a slight up then down arc. Every pellet should fly just like that. Anything else means the pellet has destabilized and it can go anywhere other than where you aim. :)

Crusher

ps. In some cases on a very windy day, you may see the pellet arc sideways a little. But that is not the norm. And the sideways arc should still be consistent to the wind.

Fairly common. I see all my different size pellets from different guns from time to time. My .177 Wildcat at 950 fps is easily visible.

Also, if you see your pellet curling or making some weird movement like a knuckleball or hooking in from the right or left, then you have either clipping or the pellet is too fast. That spells "inaccurate". If you watched that little video of someone's .30, look at how the pellet flies. It should have a slight up then down arc. Every pellet should fly just like that. Anything else means the pellet has destabilized and it can go anywhere other than where you aim. :)

Crusher

ps. In some cases on a very windy day, you may see the pellet arc sideways a little. But that is not the norm. And the sideways arc should still be consistent to the wind.

This is the post that has my attention. When i was shooting 50 yards, I was seeing my pellets go from up to down and right. And it wasn’t consistent. After 10 shots, it was about a 5” spread. Maybe the gun is shooting too fast? When I was shooting 30 yards, I shot several groups at 3000psi and it was twice as accurate as when I shot 2500 or 2000psi.