Can this be fixed???

So this happened after about 350 shots not sure if its the erector lense that got knocked loose from the recoil of my 1000+ fps break barrel or just a lemon of a scope. I know these scopes are cheap but to only last 350 shots? Anyways i heard heavier pellets slow the piston down a bit so the forward recoil isnt as hard on scopes.
PXL_20220925_224258108.jpg
Screenshot_20220925-154059.png
PXL_20220925_224350040.jpg

Gamo has some of the worst products for the airgun industry. I can't believe a company like this exist. They should be ashamed of themselves for what they provide.

If I had to guess base on the products relative to their balance sheet, they operate at a profit; but hugely at a cost to their loyal customers who buys their product. A simple change could be finding a Chinese company that can built Gamo products slightly better, and reduce the gap between their cost and profit. The difference in this marginal gap relative to a-Chinese-company-that-can-built-Gamo-products-slightly-better isn't worth losing loyal customers. Their long-run objective is not going to sustain a viable business model.

I'm sure you have developed your own opinion about Gamo base on this one incident. I hope Gamo reads this!

If you fixed it or sent in back and had a replacement I think it still would not last long.

Better off researching for a spring rated scope and a manufacture that has a good warranty for things like this.

Get
Another
Manufactures
Optic

I was in your shoes…its what pushed me to pcp. My desire to use a scope without the worry or wonder if its going to die.

Lots of money and time invested later I am still happy with that choice.

If I could go back I would not buy a spring scope deal and I would not buy a magnum springer. Just regular rated springer and try and use iron sights as the handling is great without a scope and when one is using a springer one is handling it more than any other type of airgun.

Tip for iron sights, hopefully yours has them, try high viz targets that type that change color. Buy a larger one for sighting in then the 1” circles for covering up shots(only works so much). Then use 1” circles/dots for low cost on top of other/throwaway paper for targets using the circles as your aim point/bullseye.

Lol...gamo package scopes.. i think of 4 one held up.. if i aint mistaken and your gamo had any warranty do a gamo rma . But overall there dust collectors after what ever shots you get out of one.

Hmmm... My gamo is one of my better guns .. just posted 50y yry today on irons / non optics.. and its wore out 4 year old 1000's on 1000's of near everyday shooting it...lol

And how many bad mouth them and never had or shot one. Just jump on the snob bandwagon
ok , il admit never owned one ,but handled in store's , shot two that kids brought to our open house at the range . I was in charge of the Air gun range @ 25 yards , they or i could not hit the 3/4 inch bull inside of a 3 inch diameter circle . I let them shoot a modded $49 USD 1377 i built and they both hit the bull several times .

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Simple fact of airguns is most of those lesser costing brands that include a scope do to make you think you're getting a great deal. It's not just a Gamo thing since the Hatsan included scopes and any number of the ones that come on the Crosman/Benji guns are the same way. Junk that doesn't last long.
The only included scope I ever got with one was the UX 3-9x32 scope that came with my Umarex Fuel .22. Bit thick in the crosshairs, but it's withstood the Fuel and at least 5 other hard shooting springers/gas rams I've had it on and all of those during break in.
Gamo guns? Yep, have one I got for $25 at a yard sale. Torn down, cleaned up, new seal, gas ram was even still in good shape. Get a pellet past the breech and no matter the head size, it would slide right out the other end of the barrel. I'm not going to hold that against Gamo since I have no clue how badly the gun was abused by the kid who owned it before me. Seen both great and lousy reviews on them. Of course, I've also seen both types of reviews on pretty much every other brand of less expensive guns too, right along with any number of more expensive ones.
Simple matter of spend your money, take your chances no matter what you might be buying, airguns or otherwise. In the case of the OP and his scope issue, buy a better quality, springer rated scope and he'll likely have a pretty good air rifle.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Luck of the draw with anything i had and have sub $200 shoot right with +200$ and junk on each end of the spectrum.. some poor shooyers can take a little tlc on simthing and turn it around to worthy.

Anyway seeing i had the gamo package scope on id go 30 and 50 still a tad right at 30 but got it closer in then looked on track at 50y.. one good ol crosman flyer i guess to spoil things..lol. No hold over or under used job st crosshair on aimpoint. Just about the arc you expect dead on at 10m a bit high at 30 and just low at 50y. Not bad i guess for raggedy ol gamo.. (.22 cphp)

Looks like the winds picking up more and more here now . Hurrycane ya know..

gamopackagescope2.jpg

ok , il admit never owned one ,but handled in store's , shot two that kids brought to our open house at the range . I was in charge of the Air gun range @ 25 yards , they or i could not hit the 3/4 inch bull inside of a 3 inch diameter circle . I let them shoot a modded $49 USD 1377 i built and they both hit the bull several times .
I'm a legit Gamo hater, no snobbery intended. Spent over a dozen hours on a Big Cat about 10 years ago, it wasn't meant to be. Tried to help 2 others, also not meant to be. Shot one that was touted as a real tack driver, could not get it to group; I was polite and took the blame. In all cases - myself included - the owners really want to believe in the gun. At some point you move on.

Reactions: beerthief
Heres how i got gamo figured.. its the guns warranty.. if a 1 year don't expect much if 3 year mmmmm, maby ok. If 5 year proply a solid shooter and long lasting ( at least 5 years worth)

Mines 4 banging the 5. And its starting to show. I need a new piston seal bad. Its got a chunk out of it but funny look how it still shooting.. pretty much been maintenance free . Sure a heck cant say that on the hw/r9 . Under a year it spit her bits .. its apart on the work bench waiting on a spring and seal wile the gamo still on the shooting bench shooting.. and still shooting just fine and dandy today .... hmmm....

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Heres how i got gamo figured.. its the guns warranty.. if a 1 year don't expect much if 3 year mmmmm, maby ok. If 5 year proply a solid shooter and long lasting ( at least 5 years worth)

Mines 4 banging the 5. And its starting to show. I need a new piston seal bad. Its got a chunk out of it but funny look how it still shooting.. pretty much been maintenance free . Sure a heck cant say that on the hw/r9 . Under a year it spit her bits .. its apart on the work bench waiting on a spring and seal wile the gamo still on the shooting bench shooting.. and still shooting just fine and dandy today .... hmmm....
Why I said what I did about higher end stuff and good vs bad reviews since they do too. Every...brand...can...potentially...have...issues. Why you seem to manage bad ones is beyond me, but you are far from the only one considering the number of stories I've seen on multiple forums.
While I freely admit I don't shoot near what you do, my HW95 .22 is 6 years old, my R9 .20 is 4ish, my R7 .177 is about 3 or so now and my R7 .20 was built way back in 2005. None so far have spit bits, burned seals, or needed any work whatsoever or even been opened up and that includes the 18 year old R7 .20...lol.
Might well be something to the adage "Built on a Monday or Friday".

Why I said what I did about higher end stuff and good vs bad reviews since they do too. Every...brand...can...potentially...have...issues. Why you seem to manage bad ones is beyond me, but you are far from the only one considering the number of stories I've seen on multiple forums.
While I freely admit I don't shoot near what you do, my HW95 .22 is 6 years old, my R9 .20 is 4ish, my R7 .177 is about 3 or so now and my R7 .20 was built way back in 2005. None so far have spit bits, burned seals, or needed any work whatsoever or even been opened up and that includes the 18 year old R7 .20...lol.
Might well be something to the adage "Built on a Monday or Friday".
Well it's just how it is or can be and one of them things to deal with.

Sometimes you got to take a bad after some goods.. i moan and groan a lot but in the end its just water under the bridge.. unfortunately being the lemon king dont help my matters much 🤤