Can someone link me to a Walmart yong heng hardcover/set pressure versions?

I have the YH-QB01 model. It listed for $399.99 at Walmart. There’s one with same model # that’s 389.99 but has a red light by the on/off switch. Mine doesn’t. I paid $389.99 for the one that doesn’t have the red light. I don’t know what the light is for. It’s very confusing I know. I actually ordered the two different ones on separate orders and carried the 349.99 back for refund. I’ve had no problems with light/medium use. Order one with extended warranty, if you don’t like it or it breaks just carry it back and order a different one.

Thanks Biohazard and Hummer! I saw in a separate post from Bio saying the YH was rather easy to maintain, but honestly without ever using one I am already dreading having to learn how to work on this thing. Do you have any advice of do's and don'ts of using it? I'm mostly going to use it to fill a 74 cu ft tank and not really heavy use either as I also use a fill shop, but right now it's closed.

I just so happens I saved this from another post and I update it when I learn anything new.

The Yong Heng "simple version" least expensive does not have a water separator you need one.

The "auto stop" version shuts off near 3000psi.

So you likely want the "Hardcover" or 'Set pressure' versions your choice on the 110V or 220V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

Keep them cool, the oil topped off, to the red circle in the sight glass and don't fill past their spec which I think is 4350psi, a little less is better than the max, and the Yong Heng should last for years unless you get a bad one. I did my first oil change at about an hour far longer, between changes, after that.

I have two YH compressors. Bought the second as a backup for the first as I fergot to turn on the coolant pump several times and overheated it until it smoked. It did not like it but it still runs fine. Still I did not trust it after that. I added a switched outlet, to the system, so it turns the pump on before the compressor will power up to keep me from doing that from now on. The second one, my back up unit, died in about two months bad QC from the factory. Cost me a $12, for a new second stage piston, and an hour to repair it. Then to add insult to injury I fergot to put the oil in it after I put it back together and ran it for a couple of minutes without any oil. Somehow it still runs fine. The #1 unit that I was worried about, cuz I overheated it so many times, just kept on filling my guns and tanks till I got #2 repaired and retired it.

I do not fill past 4200psi as when I do, all too often, I blow a burst disc. This does not happen on the first or second fill but soon thereafter.

The temperature sensor only measures head temperature so running it much over 20-30 minutes can overheat the motor and other parts even if ice is used in the coolant. Ice or a container of it, in the coolant, is a good idea especially if you are like me and do not use the full five gallons of water as suggested in the manual.

Keep your water supply level with the compressor to be kind to the pump and assure a good supply of coolant goes through the compressor.

Keep your moisture filters, guns and tanks being filled above the compressor to help keep the moisture out.

Purge the system of moisture for a couple of seconds every five minutes while in use.

Change out your small YH filter every twenty minutes and set the old one out to dry and use later.

Add a better filter if needed to be sure more moisture and any oil smell is removed from the system. Many of us use this Tuxing three media filter although, if you feel the need, you can change media types at any time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891898253.html

A smaller one will probly do for many.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000960926898.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2a034c4dL0nrJU.

Bleed the pressure before you turn the unit off and let it run a few seconds to get the better part of the moisture out of the system. I have found that I blow less burst discs if I bleed before shutting down so I do this religiously.

Let the coolant pump run for a few minutes after shutdown to cool things off.

Here is a video on how to fill a SCBA tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=157&v=_grx5p_R8D4&feature=emb_title

How to rebuild a Yong Heng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsBcKSVeGk

Many links attached to this one so you can fix just about anything.

Reactions: Bobbypew
I have the YH-QB01 model. It listed for $399.99 at Walmart. There’s one with same model # that’s 389.99 but has a red light by the on/off switch. Mine doesn’t. I paid $389.99 for the one that doesn’t have the red light. I don’t know what the light is for. It’s very confusing I know. I actually ordered the two different ones on separate orders and carried the 349.99 back for refund. I’ve had no problems with light/medium use. Order one with extended warranty, if you don’t like it or it breaks just carry it back and order a different one.

The red light comes on to indicate you have reached the Set Pressure you have dialed in. The unit also beeps at you to make itself annoying as well.

It seems that if properly maintained, these things can last a few years, but being manufactured in China means QC issues are more prevalent, so the warranties are almost no brainers, considering it's $45 divided amongst 4 years; scrap change if you're in this hobby already. I did want to buy it from a walmart rather than ebay as I do plan to just drive there (10 mins) if any issues come up. I have dealt with other online purchase returns and exchanges directly at a walmart store, and they've been able to help me each time.