Can someone explain how the dual reg works in the FX rifles?

The first reg basically takes some of the pressure off of the second reg making the pressure going into the plenum more consistent. The first one will be set higher than the second one, say 190 bar for the first and 140 bar for the second for example.

Thank you for the explanation, it definitely helps to know. 

Do other manufacturers incorporate a dual reg into their guns?

I am of the idea that they got to know that a so big plenum was not efficient, so they patch the lack of functioning of the first regulator including a second regulator that works as if it was just one regulator with a small plenum.

The work of the second regulator is smoother because always has to contain a not so high preassure.

But the efficiency of only one good regulator with the adecuate size of plenum should give "exactly" the same results.

Lets see if Scott "Motorhead" give us his opinión. 

I am of the idea that they got to know that a so big plenum was not efficient, so they patch the lack of functioning of the first regulator including a second regulator that works as if it was just one regulator with a small plenum.

The work of the second regulator is smoother because always has to contain a not so high preassure.

But the efficiency of only one good regulator with the adecuate size of plenum should give "exactly" the same results.

It's the perfect solution to a nonexistent problem.

Exactly ... A correct functioning single regulator having hammers weight and strike energy ( spring ) in sync for power wanted / tuned for works just as well with 1/2 fewer parts to fail. Add more o-rings, more dynamic motion = lower reliability.

Just an extension of FX's marketing that more stuff to adjust, better it sounds the better it must be. Upgrade anyone ? ... LOL

The first reg basically takes some of the pressure off of the second reg making the pressure going into the plenum more consistent. The first one will be set higher than the second one, say 190 bar for the first and 140 bar for the second for example.

Ok. But why can’t you set the first reg pressure to like 150 and then the second to 140? Wouldn’t it be even more consistent like that?

It's the perfect solution to a nonexistent problem.

Exactly ... A correct functioning single regulator having hammers weight and strike energy ( spring ) in sync for power wanted / tuned for works just as well with 1/2 fewer parts to fail. Add more o-rings, more dynamic motion = lower reliability.

Just an extension of FX's marketing that more stuff to adjust, better it sounds the better it must be. Upgrade anyone ? ... LOL

EXACTLY…! And people were shaking their heads when I asked if they thought the new Maverick would have issues…it’s common knowledge that more parts means more failures. Honestly, FX should just redesign the first regulator instead of adding more parts to compensate for a regulator that they KNOW WILL FAIL DUE TO REG HIGH PRESSURE. THAT’S WHY THEY PUT IT THERE…sheesh.

Ok. But why can’t you set the first reg pressure to like 150 and then the second to 140? Wouldn’t it be even more consistent like that?

No, each Reg must have its own range to work its own job, also I assume that the internal parts not identical, one Reg may have bigger disc's (I am just speculating).

About 30-40 bar difference is the optimal setup, with in mind the first Reg will work harder.

Some guns have 3 Regs, one in a bottle, a pre-Reg and a Reg.