Can now record šŸ˜³

I got my pard 008 and have everything tuned with my new AA s510xs

Havenā€™t gotten to take it on a dedicated hunt - been shooting out my front door from the inside to a wooded area that sees possums, coons, and skunks

This was my first test with the video redcording - after I took it and showed my girlfriend, she couldnā€™t help but edit with some ā€œShrekā€ audio šŸ˜‚

I usually donā€™t take small birds, but I followed this guy after wreaking havoc on my tomatoes, and wanted to test the video in the ā€œfieldā€

Reactions: Rosco
Itā€™s not too bad in terms of weight, but I canā€™t give you an estimate based off of other NV scopes haha

At night, itā€™s amazing. I scanned a goat field that was 65yds wide and 105 in length and wasnā€™t having any trouble with the FOV - itā€™s a lot dimmer in an open field I found, as opposed to having a back drop, but I think thatā€™s a given

Everything i thought and more tho, with the pard šŸ‘ I got the normal P, not the LRF tho

Reactions: zvslate
šŸ˜† nice edit! Footage looks good! Ive been looking for a night vision setup for my .25 cal. I like how small the pard is. How does it do at night with the built in Ir? I have an wraith 4k on my 357 and i like it but man it's heavy.
The PARD and its built in ir does a really good job at night. It is an ir laser and will reach out about 200 yards. Pretty amazing for its size. I shoot from the house a lot and need to be careful about reflecting the ir off of windows as it is not eye safe.

My only complaint is the FOV is smallish but it is 6.5x magnification. If you're doing a lot of close in shooting, I'd consider the Wraith Mini as it has about twice the FOV @ 2x.

The LRF on the PARD is worth the extra $200 up front and takes accurate readings. I would not go without the LRF on an airgun. It's a great little unit.

A good traditional glass scope is better (clearer and brighter) during daylight hours. The PARD is ok/good for daytime shooting and excellent for after hours. The PARD weighs less than half of an ATN unit.

Thanks for the info! I was also considering the 4k mini but don't really have a viable solution for mounting the separate ir illuminator.

The pard does seem like a winner other than the fov. My wraith 4k max is 3x and even that seems too "zoomed in" sometimes but have no complaints other than size and weight.

I'm just looking for something with decent-good night vision, that I can comfortably shoot off hand.

Reactions: Hal4son
The PARD and its built in ir does a really good job at night. It is an ir laser and will reach out about 200 yards. Pretty amazing for its size. I shoot from the house a lot and need to be careful about reflecting the ir off of windows as it is not eye safe.

My only complaint is the FOV is smallish but it is 6.5x magnification. If you're doing a lot of close in shooting, I'd consider the Wraith Mini as it has about twice the FOV @ 2x.

The LRF on the PARD is worth the extra $200 up front and takes accurate readings. I would not go without the LRF on an airgun. It's a great little unit.

A good traditional glass scope is better (clearer and brighter) during daylight hours. The PARD is ok/good for daytime shooting and excellent for after hours. The PARD weighs less than half of an ATN unit.
The ATN units have that massive battery that weighs them down for sure. On the flip side, I get 4 to 5 pesting sessions out of one charge, but it's heavy as hell, especially with the laser rangefinder add on, but I'm just used to it I guess.

Have they fixed the issue with zero corrections offsetting the reticle in the display on the PARD? That would drive me insane!

I got my pard 008 and have everything tuned with my new AA s510xs

Havenā€™t gotten to take it on a dedicated hunt - been shooting out my front door from the inside to a wooded area that sees possums, coons, and skunks

This was my first test with the video redcording - after I took it and showed my girlfriend, she couldnā€™t help but edit with some ā€œShrekā€ audio šŸ˜‚

I usually donā€™t take small birds, but I followed this guy after wreaking havoc on my tomatoes, and wanted to test the video in the ā€œfieldā€
Hilarious!
Looks like your all set!

Thanks for the info! I was also considering the 4k mini but don't really have a viable solution for mounting the separate ir illuminator.

The pard does seem like a winner other than the fov. My wraith 4k max is 3x and even that seems too "zoomed in" sometimes but have no complaints other than size and weight.

I'm just looking for something with decent-good night vision, that I can comfortably shoot off hand.
The Wraith 4k max has a FOV of 31.5'/100yards @ 3x. The PARD at 6.5x is right around 20'/100yards. Depending on your gun, I'd put a small picatinney on the forearm either on the Left side or underneath if going with the Wraith Mini (40'/100yards @ 2x). A Sniper Hog Light and a barrel clamp type mount would also get you there.

Last edited:
@estarkey7 My settings are x:134 y:-96 FX Hybrid Slugs & x:144 y:-110 Pellets. There is a slight offset but I don't really notice it at those settings. I did use the factory supplied shim in the base mount assembly to initially get it close. I'm probably a "little offset" anyhow and like it that way ;) LOL. Maybe I'll post a video, I'd like to get some feedback and opinions on that aspect.

That ATN with the trajectory correcting LRF has been a tempting unit all along. That LRF would be a huge advantage.

@JustindianaJones Put the smack down on that guy. Oooofff Da! Cats are going hungry tonight :) What caliber/ammo did you hit that with?

The AA 510 is a sweet looking rifle. Been ogling a couple of those in the classifieds lately.
between a few cats, a skunk, a possum, and raccoons, any rat I drop is gone before sun up hahaha - definitely nice to not have to search and toss them

I love this rifle - I got it in .25 using JSB 25.3g. Took me a lot of rounds and tweaking to get to understand her language, but itā€™s not too difficult šŸ˜‚. I dig the power settings, zeroā€™d in at 23 on power 3, and to change my zero I just have to adjust the power - found with my rifle that a 23yd zero on power 3, is flat and hits a true POI from 20-30yds, up it to power 4 and itā€™s zeroā€™d from 35-43yds, power 5, zeroā€™s in at 43-48 then starts to see a steady drop

It made zeroing in my pard much easier (aside from the constant walking back and forth shooting and checking *_*), having all those distances in check - I also donā€™t have a LRF on mine, so I attached a pistol laser upside down in front of the clip slot, and I use the laser attached to the pard. The pard laser I have on the center of the reticle crosshairs is zeroā€™d at 15 yards and when the top of the laser lines up with the center, Iā€™m looking at the POI at 30yds. The pistol mount green laser - I havenā€™t figured out where to zero to help with the archaic range finding

@JustindianaJones Fantastic post and really interesting on power wheel zero's. A .25 s510 makes me super green with envy.

On the second laser. Think about setting it up parallel to the bore. On close range shots, you'll see the dot in the viewfinder of the PARD and it will tell you how high to hold. This works especially well if the laser is mounted on either the Right or Left side of the barrel. If it's mounted under the barrel, you'll probably need to figure how many hash marks above the dot for pellet impact.

@JustindianaJones Fantastic post and really interesting on power wheel zero's. A .25 s510 makes me super green with envy.

On the second laser. Think about setting it up parallel to the bore. On close range shots, you'll see the dot in the viewfinder of the PARD and it will tell you how high to hold. This works especially well if the laser is mounted on either the Right or Left side of the barrel. If it's mounted under the barrel, you'll probably need to figure how many hash marks above the dot for pellet impact.
Thanks, and Thank you for the advice, it helps! Just recently learned that you can use lasers as range finders *_* hoping it speeds the process of taking a shot up a little. I tend to miss opportunities with my snail pace while trying to factor in all the variables. Just trying to minimize hesitancy

After using a standard 008p, I definitely agree itā€™s probably worth coughing up the extra $ for the 008LRF

I shoot at night from 20-30yds with 3 stations and sensors set up - so right now itā€™s ok bc I have all the variables memorized. But once those change, itā€™s all gonna slow down without the LRF

@estarkey7 My settings are x:134 y:-96 FX Hybrid Slugs & x:144 y:-110 Pellets. There is a slight offset but I don't really notice it at those settings. I did use the factory supplied shim in the base mount assembly to initially get it close. I'm probably a "little offset" anyhow and like it that way ;) LOL. Maybe I'll post a video, I'd like to get some feedback and opinions on that aspect.

That ATN with the trajectory correcting LRF has been a tempting unit all along. That LRF would be a huge advantage.
I've taken pest at 25 yards then 90 yards back to back with the click of the range button! The confidence you get from shooting a regulated, ballistic calculator adjusted airgun is refreshing! It's just range and shoot, no holdover or under, it's almost like cheating! šŸ˜„