can not ship with a picture

It is getting ridiculous so many people misinterpreting the laws to suit them and so many just plain stupid laws and restrictions being honored when they should be ignored. 

I tried to send a package with UPS a few days back. They asked what was in it and I said a Crosman Co2 air gun. They told me they could not ship it as they did not have a license to do so. Airguns do not have any kind of restrictions here in Oregon as yet except for where you can shoot them. So, I went down the road to another UPS outlet and they did not even ask me what was in the package but just sent it off.

My uncle was a manager at a large post office in Cali, he said every year they would have an envelope or box break open and find .22 rounds or pistol rounds in it (this is just one post office). He said it would usually happen when workers were loading their trucks in the morning or sorting before loading, and they would freak out and want to call the police.. he said he always just collected it all and put it in the back room then tossed it in the garbage after work. No big deal to him (he's form the midwest and grew up hunting/shooting), but some people really got upset and thought their lives were in danger because they saw live ammo. I'm guessing these same people would refuse to touch a box that had pictures of ammo on the outside

Yup for a long time now (10 years +) anything any their prohibited list up front that you have to push the button saying "nothing dangerous/illegal"-whatever- may NOT be displayed on the outside of box. No alcohol. liquids, explosive . Liquor boxes (for some reason) used to be THE popular Christmas shipping container for folks just scrounging box's. You can used the box but only after wrapping or covering all markings.

Almost makes some sense they don't want perfectly legal things in a box mark explosives (which they do ship WITH Special stamps/warnings /cautions AND cost (any hazmat) used to ship a bird house. As those thing should be on a different/special handling line. They will let you say, legally ship a firearm back to the manufactor in the factory box WITH their special proper stamps/sticker & handling (in theory) line of handling

Does seem silly but if your business you would require the same.

Helps sell a lot of brown paper & tape at their fine price so you don't have to go all the way home?

John