Can new models of FX airgun shoot slugs Out of the box?

Yep, they can shoot slugs out of the box, provided you are trying to shoot the correct slugs. The Superior liners can do well with light to middle weight slugs, but you'll need the Superior Heavy to shoot the heavy slugs. Another factor will be a matter of adjusting the gun for those slugs. Oh, and finding the slug your gun likes. Slug shooting isn't always plug and play, and usually involves some testing to find what your gun likes. To better answer your very broad question... What specific caliber/slugs/power are you hoping to shoot? The guns you listed aren't all capable of the same power levels.

Impact m3 

Yep, they can shoot slugs out of the box, provided you are trying to shoot the correct slugs. The Superior liners can do well with light to middle weight slugs, but you'll need the Superior Heavy to shoot the heavy slugs. Another factor will be a matter of adjusting the gun for those slugs. Oh, and finding the slug your gun likes. Slug shooting isn't always plug and play, and usually involves some testing to find what your gun likes. To better answer your very broad question... What specific caliber/slugs/power are you hoping to shoot? The guns you listed aren't all capable of the same power levels.

Thanks for reply.

I want to shoot fx hybrid slugs in .22 cal impact m3 

I have a Maverick sniper in 25 cal. Out the box, only thing I did was rotate the barrel to the duel transfer port and it was slinging hybrids and 26 grain nsa at 1015 fps. My reg is about 140/145 bar. Hammer spring set to factory settings. My next plan is to try 29.5 grain nsa. But the hybrid and nsa both shot very tight groups. At 50yards. Haven’t had a chance to stretch it out to 100 yards yet. 

Impact m3 

Thanks for reply.

I want to shoot fx hybrid slugs in .22 cal impact m3

I think UpNorthAirgunner shot those supersonic with a m3. Had to increase reg to 165 bar. But I think you will be good out of the box. 

The m3 comes with a pellet liner. You will need the heavy superior or slug liner to shoot slug accurately. Also if you plan to shoot slug you can get the slug power kit. Will help with shooting slugs.

That is not entirely true. The new standard Superior liners were designed to shoot both pellets and light to middle weight slugs :) You only need the Superior Heavy for shooting the heavier slugs. Many people have had great success shooting slugs with the standard superior that comes in the gun. That is especially true for the FX Hybrid slugs. Of course, the power to push some of these slugs is a bit different on each gun. The M3 and Maverick have a definite power advantage over the WK MK3 and Crown MK2, and likely don't need the slug power kit to shoot slugs out of the box. The power kit would only be necessary for heavy slugs in most cases.

The m3 comes with a pellet liner. You will need the heavy superior or slug liner to shoot slug accurately. Also if you plan to shoot slug you can get the slug power kit. Will help with shooting slugs.

That is not entirely true. The new standard Superior liners were designed to shoot both pellets and light to middle weight slugs :) You only need the Superior Heavy for shooting the heavier slugs. Many people have had great success shooting slugs with the standard superior that comes in the gun. That is especially true for the FX Hybrid slugs. Of course, the power to push some of these slugs is a bit different on each gun. The M3 and Maverick have a definite power advantage over the WK MK3 and Crown MK2, and likely don't need the slug power kit to shoot slugs out of the box. The power kit would only be necessary for heavy slugs in most cases.

Completely correct.

I have Superior liners in most of my FX guns (Crown MK2 X2, Impact MK2, Wildcat MK3 Sniper and Compact). They all shoot the FX Hybrids in all calibers with amazing accuracy. The .22 caliber (FX Crown) slugs from JSB and H&N are also brilliant. In .25 cal the NSA 29.5 grains are fine. In .30 cal the NSA 54.5 grain slugs were better than the NSA 49.5 ones.

The Impact clearly has a POTENTIAL power advantage over my Wildcats and Crowns, but all of them are capable of shooting the right slugs out of the box, at least up to 100 yards (the furthest I have shot them).

Chris

Can anyone steer me to tuning suggestions for FX Crown MkII .22 for:

FX hybrid slugs 26gr

JSB KO slugs 25gr

Nielsen slugs 25 gr.

Or which work best? I would like to shorten my research given the darth of ammo out there. All responses much appreciated.

I have this same gun (less than 1 month though) and have very good success with the 23g NSA slugs and the Hybrids. Have not tried KOs yet. Keep in mind the hybrids in .22 cal are 22g; the 26g are I believe .25 cal. I tried the 24.8g NSA and the gun didn't like them. The 23g NSAs at 940 fps and the Hybrids at about 960 fps with my reg showing 145 bar (I suspect it is understating as this seems bit hot for only 145 bar). Barrel indexed to the slug port and the transfer port adjuster on high. Hammer spring adjuster on max but couldn't tell you offhand how far the screw itself is adjusted but I did adjust it. Mine is the chassis gun and it's a bit of a pain to take in/out of the stock. Once I got it where it was happy I left it right there. This is getting me about 5/8" groups at 75yds and about 3/4" or a little over at 100yds when the stars and planets align and I don't pull that 5th shot.... 

This thread is a gold mine! I’ve been out of pellet rifles for too long, I’ve been trying to figure out what the heck is going on with slug liners, 600mm, 700mm, liners, barrels, etc! 

I’m looking at the Maverick, b/c I like that it performs close to the impact, but is a few hundred dollars less. I’ll most likely be shooting around 75 yards at squirrels and I need a flat shooter because my daughter is acting interested and I want her to have a real shooter! 

Have any of you guys shot the slugs from the factory Maverick barrel?