Can I buy a pellet sizing tool ?

I don't know if it really matters or not, but looking at some of my pellets they need some adjustments as the skirts are not always like they should be and certainly not all the same, even when they are out of the same tin ?
Should I be looking for a sizing tool? skirt fixing tool ? Maybe a seating tool?
Where can I find what I need?
In 22 cal.
Thanks for any help or advise........
T.C.

IMHO the best-designed sizer out there is by TR Robb. It has a tapered hole through it, and an adjustable stop. This allows adjusting the skirt size, and properly keeps the skirt a bit larger than the head. Several good posts and reviews on the interwebs.

Thank you all for the replies:
I've been using a phone jack to straighten the skirts, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something by not sizing the whole pellet ?
I have not read the DYI post yet, and I may find the answers I'm looking for there ?
Nothing wrong with making it yourself.
Pelletini can you post a link to the part you ordered?
T.C.
Some say it matters , some say It dont .

Only you can determine what really ends up giving you the edge or worth the time for it in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToddGeddes63
Weihrauchs have a built in pellet sizer in the breech. About two inches in there's a choke that sizes the pellet. If you manually push a pellet through a weihrach barrel you will feel the breech choke. It's substantial. There's another choke at the muzzle.

Skirts have to be pretty banged up to affect accuracy in these guns. I've tested plenty of deformed skirts and it's shocking how well they do over the chrono and print on target.

Of course there's a limit to how mangled a pellet can be before it tanks the performance. I'm just saying the they don't have to be picture perfect to print well.

At least with the Weihrauch rifles. I don't know if other brand rifles do the same.

I don't know? your gun wants 4.50 size

You sort out with pellet guage and make your piles . 20% a are 4.48 or less so can a sizer add lead to grow them to the 4.50 you want . I guess id another 10% was 4.51 or higher it can shave off .

Me anymore i just open a tin , load one and shoot.. o cull easy yell bad ones but .. maybe if i was doing matches for cash, trophies, and prizes id be a bit more picky.. + the time consumed sorting .. didn't last long for me for my general shooting.

Just grab a guage and one of the sizers .

Cause everyone got the one they feel is best its this one or that one or the one over there..lol. So choose what you kinda like and go for it.

Last edited:
Make you own pellet sizer, I made one from a LYMAN 45 lube sizer,
it can reduce or expand the head size and at the same time reduce or expand the pellet skirt size with one stroke of the handle.

I also can take 22 caliber pellets and resize them to 20 cal for my 4 Dan
rifles.
You can also take 25 cal heavy weight pellets and size to 22 caliber,
if you so desire to use heavy weight pellets outside the norm of standard
22 cal weights..

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Well just get a basic guage and sizer and give it a go. Everyone got there ehats best so you just pick the 2 items you kinda like and add to cart .. anymore i just pick them out random out of the tin and cull as i go. Use the culls in my pistol .

My bench cull tin mostly unders by feel loading no skirt damaged ones .
cphp.177culls.jpg

I guess you fished around for threads on it like this at gta .

Last edited: