Can anyone explain why my breech seal arrived damaged?

I ordered a new Beeman R9 from Pyramydair. Amid my excitement in inspecting it, I noticed that the breech seal had arrived damaged. Any explanations? 
1571963396_2465513655db24204b91098.12420680_99DE9074-9249-4CF7-8A92-F20972BF2B14.jpeg

First, that’s the weirdest messed up seal I’ve ever seen. Not sliced from closing. IDK.

Anytime PA will make it right but they always made me send entire gun back. Like my cracked Rainstorm stock at wrist. Hairline crack & super accurate. Asked to just return stock but nope. So you very well may want to report it and see. If they ask for entire gun back I’d just do as instructed above & carefully pry out with needle or brass pick, flip, seat well. Make sure it’s clear of breech when you close as that’s what will seat it fully if you don’t. If not you will have a sliced ruined breech seal.

Good luck.

It does kind of look like it's got a protective film on it doesn't it? If there were a burr on the transfer port, you would see cuts at the 6 position. Wipe your finger on the receiver face to see if there are any burrs.

Nice of Pyramyd to ship out a replacement. Pick it out gently as others mentioned, and turn it over. I like to lube mine with a dab of silicone grease.