Can a woman shoot as good as a man ? Interesting experiment and I lost.

I had an interesting idea wondering whether I was a good shot or the Kalibrgun was making me look good.
So put an amateur lady with the rifle and she what she can do. The results are below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Jlj8iLc4Q

Well it appears I am useless and need to give up 
smile.gif
 Plus she is nicer on the eye than me 
smile.gif

smile.gif

Reactions: CampFussell
She should be able to shoot better than a man, because she has better concentration and is steadier.

However, don't expect her to do many shots with break-barrel springers with
40-50 pounds cocking effort! She'll need a cocking caddy for that, or else go PCP.

Olympic gold-medal rimfire shooters have always been mostly women...look it up!

SpringerHal

Nice video. I agree with you. Every woman that I've ever taken shooting has out performed all the men. Most of these women shot powder burner pistols and rifles, but they were all great shots. I have a theory. Women, while shooting, do exactly what they are told to do (too bad that doesn't apply universally). Men don't! Also, you are correct that your wife and every women I know look a hell of a lot better looking than there mates ....

My time in the army gave me a chance to look through a lot of shooting results. It brings a different perspective. A woman at a gun range, is a lot like a woman riding a Harley (the front, not the passenger). They are cut from a different than typical cloth. In the military, the average scores of males were higher than the average scores of females. Part of this was most women had non-combat Military Occupation Specialty (MOS). Everyone in the Army is required to "qualify" at least once a year at the range. 

Whittington Training Center did a test decades ago with sensors hooked up to marksmen of both sexes (while firing)...
Women tended to have the same relaxed baseline as if they were performing menial tasks.
Men on the other hand had elevated stress attributed to competitive angst.

A fellow team mate of mine (years ago) appeared too frail to wield an M14, but wield it she did.
Her name (is) Master Sergeant Julia Watson, she broke several records during her career.

When I was a teenager my mother beat my dad and I regularly as well. She still competes and is well into her 70's, shooting commendable scores to this day.

There are many anecdotal accounts I could cite, suffice it to say, never underestimate a girl and her gun !!

"MANICMINER"i know you are happy with the peformance. but i would not be.

you have a brilliant idea getting a few other guns to review, dont be surpriced if a second piece of the same model would outperform the first.
Thanks for comments on other rifles. I hopefully have a few more lined up.

This video was just a bit of fun as well as an interesting experiment to see how good modern day PCP's are in a total newbies hands. It was actually my wife's idea :)
Might do another one with Abby, but this time with a springer to see the difference.

"MANICMINER"i know you are happy with the peformance. but i would not be.

you have a brilliant idea getting a few other guns to review, dont be surpriced if a second piece of the same model would outperform the first.
Yes it groups well, or does for me at 25m and 45m. It certainly out performs my skills.

This was just for fun to see how easy a PCP can be in total newbie hands.