Can a Chinese rifle be a full featured good one ??

Check out what just came for under $300 . Side lever, shrouded, regulated, adjustable power and a 4350 psi tube !!!! Not sure about the two stage trigger yet..Also LIGHT compared to the lead pig gauntlet !! About 6.5 lbs. Nova Vista Liberty !!

1543590488_5433812745c01525846a465.18421000_1-1P304132428.jpg
1543590488_18379541235c0152586db2d2.05014959_1-1P304132427.jpg
1543590488_19102244215c015258972b01.06456926_1-1P304132425.jpg

If that is a sibling of my 177 Nova Freedom (extremely user pumping friendly self contained PCP) then it should be a WINNER!

Easily sub 3/8" groups at 50 yards straight out of the tin with 1/4" or better with weighed and sorted pellets from a rest all day long.

My bundle of economy Chinese joy is a crazy logic defying long distance tack driver! It is my GO TO gun on a daily basis.

My nominal hunting range is between 40-65 yards with no misses and the longest measured is 115-120yards lasered allowing for equipment variance on that perfectly calm and still day.

I have other PCPs which cost up to 10x the price but prefer my Nova Freedom because I don't need to lug a tank into the field

and it will hold its own in the long distance accuracy department as well. It is the best investment I have ever made in an

airgun next to the Beeman P17.

I have 2 Gauntlets, one in 177 which is also a tack driver and a 22 as well. I don't shoot either of them. IMHO they are good for bench resting due to their weight and size. The Nova Freedom is near effortless to work the

side lever to cock, It is like a toy. The Marauder magazines included are reliable and work as they should, no complaints! I only shoot

using the magazines.

CA

The answer is................Yes.

May or may not require a touch of love for greatest performance but as this is now common place for some airguns cost much more, no worries.

10 years ago used with a guaranteed bad barrel you could have sold such an example for $1,000 ( but it would have weighed more) . Times have changed for the better in the pre-charged airgun world.

I love heavy steady rifles but now can not lift one so will be needing ( yes needing ) one of these regulated lightweight rigs as soon as enough information from the real world is out there.

"mcnasty" have to agree with coldair on the gauntlet cocking - or maybe take a looksie for issues. My Gauntlet cocking ( yes I meant to say fire not cock, turn the sound off)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRMHsVjIntE

John

I have quite a few Snow Peak, Tech Force and other Chinese airguns. I bought them more out of curiosity than necessity. I also have guns that I bought out of necessity. Edgun, Tiapan, Air Arms and BSA. I have spent over $500 on a Chinagun and the build quality just still isn't there compared to even a Marauder. I could tear my Edgun or BSA apart a thousand times and not sweat it. On a Chinagun, you probably won't have any threads left or will have snapped something off by the fifth time you take it apart. Some of their products are cool. That's why I bought a P15 and a couple CP-1 pistols. If you like to tinker and don't mind dealing with bad crowns, bad leads, creepy or leaky regs, crappy springs and misaligned ports, then you will never be disappointed with a Chinagun. But as an entry level gun, steer clear. Make your first Airgun experience a good one. Buy a good gun. The gun you are looking at "could" be a good gun. A Tiapan is a good gun.

If I bought one with a bad barrel, I would either send it back for an exchange or have a Lothar Walther barrel or perhaps even a Gauntlet barrel if I wanted to keep its ethnicity the same during the organ transplant being worst case scenario.

Don't discount modern Chinese bad or mediocre barrels, they can be slugged, polished, lapped, and recrowned to shoot good. You would be surprised! I was!!!

My 177 Gauntlet is living proof of it. BEFORE just over 1/2" at 50 (thought WTH...) and AFTER sub 3/8" closer to 1/4" AVERAGE. NO B.S. !!!

CA

Sorry, failed to get back here before now. Have been shooting the Nova Vista Liberty and am very..... pleased, have tried numerous pellets now and the barrel is not pellet picky. Shoots JSB 18.13's very well along with H&N Barracuda match 21.14, AA 16's and H&N sniper magnums and even Crosman Premier Domes. Have shot the JSB 18's and H&N Barracudas at 50 yards and both groups could have been covered by a nickel and that was with a bit of a breeze from 90 dg from the side. Chrony had the JSB 18's at 28 fpe and the Barracudas at 31.8 - 32.2 fpe, out of the box. May be shimming the hammer spring shortly to raise fpe on JSB's to at least 30 fpe. Also a couple new youtube videos up on modding the new Liberty.

Great info. I would be curious to see how well you like it after 1 year and a few thousand pellets. I would say it still needs to prove itself before I would consider one. The price is higher than a Gamo Urban or counterpart. I understand that it is regulated and has a larger tube capacity and that is a plus. Videos show it not back yard friendly. May be good for hunting but as an all around weapon, you would need an additional LDC. The additional cost of the LDC puts the total cost up to the Marauder level. Looks like a great entry level weapon for someone who does not need to worry about neighbors. Please keep us all informed on your journey with it.

Charlie 

Great info. I would be curious to see how well you like it after 1 year and a few thousand pellets. I would say it still needs to prove itself before I would consider one. The price is higher than a Gamo Urban or counterpart. I understand that it is regulated and has a larger tube capacity and that is a plus. Videos show it not back yard friendly. May be good for hunting but as an all around weapon, you would need an additional LDC. The additional cost of the LDC puts the total cost up to the Marauder level. Looks like a great entry level weapon for someone who does not need to worry about neighbors. Please keep us all informed on your journey with it.

Charlie

I have this rifle in .22 synthetic and love it. I’ll echo the accuracy statements from above. But I wanted to say that it is a lot more backyard friendly than my Hammerli 850. And don’t forget, you have a low power level setting that makes it a bit more quiet. My chrony numbers show that it meets or exceeds the advertised specs with a decent sized pill. The regulator is adjustable. There are some videos coming out now that show how it’s done. But out of the box, this thing is very much worth the $299 price tag. Fills to 300 bar (4350 psi) so you have A LOT of regulated shots even on high power before it falls off the regulator. I’d love to see this company introduce a .25 cal and one with removable reservoir.

Just my .02

Had my friend Keith over last Wednesday to see this new rifle, filled it to 3500 psi and shot 60 shots and it still had not fallen off the regulator. He kept asking if I needed to refill it yet. I also like the fact that all my Marauder magazines work with it too, they don't snap in quite as tight but they cycle just fine and haven't offered to fall off or cause a jam. Was shooting it tonight after work at 55 yards with JSB 18.13's and you could cover the group with a nickel and most shots were touching. As for sound level, at the stock setting without baffels it is as quiet as my Marauder was before adding a regulalor and twin spring system, and thats on the high setting. I just added a Crosman baffle system to it tonight from a NP2 from Pyramyd air for $6.00 and although it doesn't sound much quieter it does have a much lower pitch.. That was also a dry fire inside the house, so I know it will be quieter when shot outdoors with a pellet in the barrel. I also just recieved a new tin of JSB 15.89's to test tomorrow on my day off and if they match the guy from Indea's results they could be the most accurate to date. ( or not ) but in any case I know the JSB 18's and Barracuda match 21's with 5.53 head size are very good. I can't wait to stretch some shots out to 100 yards and see how they group. 70 yards is about the max I can get on my property though. Plan to do some chrony testing tomorrow if the weather is good, may also shim the hammer and possibly raise the set pressure on the regulator. If possible the ideal goal would be 30 fpe with 15.89's, 32-33 fpe with 18.13's, and 34 fpe with 21.4's, then see what they do on the low setting too. When I get some spare cash would like to order some nielson 23 grain hollow point slugs to try too.