• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

can a ,22 leshiy at 826fps 27fpe kill a 15 pound turkey with 1shot at 106 yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a word, no. Only a perfect head shot will drop a turkey at that range. I also assume you mean 826 feet per second, not foot pounds of energy. As a side note rifles are not legal to hunt turkey in most states.

In Maryland they are legal. In spring an air gun needs to fire and arrow or bolt, in fall air guns can be used that fire arrows. bolts or bullets. (regulations say bullets even though they actually mean slugs or pellets)

OK that did it I want my cherries , I weeded nurtured plant all year , I put out corn and feed for wild animals at woods line , well hes ruining my cherry tree that did it , I cocked the leshiy I heard a click pushed in a washed and sorted jsb 18.2 grain pellet closed it flipped my scope covers up and I had scope on 3x still , I saw him going fora cherry I held .25 for wind and a slight lead and I held 5.1 mils for elevation and lead it about another mil as his head was moving slightly he dropped flapped 2 times , The Leshiy prevailed and the cherries survive

Crop damage , and Yes I shoot everday of my life , If he was not taking my favorite plant he was welcome to eat all tomatoes or veggies or melons but when it comes to ground bloom cherries , off limits any thing touching this is a high valve target ,

I do hunt by rules I dont poach , this was killing my plant

ok well here is 2 pcp target the one on right my friend made me shoot , it was done with a teir 1 optic SB PM2 ffp , with my fx royale with a sand bag , I took my time with sorted and weighed ammo , I did spend 10 minutes shooting this I did not rattle off shots this is 25yards ,

I am better at one shot 1 kill then hitting paper-do u think I can do well ? I have been shooting 50 years I am 58 not a kid lol ohh the target on left was shot with my a Kalibber cricket 22 cal at 40fpe topped with a US-OPTIC st10x which is a pried scope I own it is a 10x scope 

1535127600_15633775595b8030301c4f42.72982421_150 yrd turret test.jpg
1535127652_17901185505b8030648c9203.68456205_20180213_123244.jpg

Here's where it can get tricky. In a lot of states, to kill a game species that is out of season and is doing damage, you need to apply for a depredation permit. You can't just shoot it. Once you get the permit, most of the time it's illegal to harvest what you kill. You have to report your kill to your local Fish & Wildlife office and they would want you to turn in the animal you killed. If you shot a game animal out of season without a permit, technically you are poaching. And, being on private property makes no difference

I pulled the picture Geeze

I never hunt if it isnt legal ,

I took him where my garden is bordering my grandmothers turkey farm 

It is legal I never said what State I shot it at or a thing . Now why would you guys think ut ohh we got a poacher here ,

I see comments where I live and laws I know and abide by laws i showed the shot because it was perfect not to be told poacher lol 

Status
Not open for further replies.