• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Camping/Hunting & Cooking

Hey guys, just got back from a few days down south of me. About a month ago Marley and I got invited to join a few other YouTubers for a few days of camping. Many of these guys have Bushcraft,Knife and backpacking channels. The first day of the trip was beautiful but the weather soon turned crappy with heavy wind and rain. This video was just to document my trip and shows a few camp setups as well as some hunting thrown in. I'm leaving out of state for another week to film a sponsored hunt that I hope to share when I return. Hope some will enjoy this one, it's a bit different.

Cheers,

Dana

https://youtu.be/G1820oPsFWw

Dana Enjoy it while you can when you get older all the aches & pains changes things . When I was younger LOL I was always on the ground sleeping either under my truck or in a small tent . I couldn't wait for the weekend to come to get away from the city & be outdoors weather it be hunting or just exploring . I still do it , but know in a van (Pleasureway) LOL . I remember those days with friends seems like yesterday . Keep the vids coming there most enjoyable darell

Dana Enjoy it while you can when you get older all the aches & pains changes things . When I was younger LOL I was always on the ground sleeping either under my truck or in a small tent . I couldn't wait for the weekend to come to get away from the city & be outdoors weather it be hunting or just exploring . I still do it , but know in a van (Pleasureway) LOL . I remember those days with friends seems like yesterday . Keep the vids coming there most enjoyable darell

Thanks for checking it out Darell, I ain't no spring chicken either these days. Years of this has taken its toll on my body already. For now I've been taking as many trips as I can while my body's working. Those cold mornings are not easy with joint pain. Haha Most of my friends are in 60's and 70's and doing things to the extreme still...I see hope for us all. 

Another great video Dana, thanks for making this cold winter morning a little less dreary and flooding me with memories.

I did a lot of bicycle touring and camping in the 70's and 80's and we didn't have the gear available today. No tents. We slept under bushes, trees, or made shelter from branches and such. Our 'stove' was a 3 pound coffee tin cut in half with small hinges installed. Folded for packing and you opened it for cooking with twigs. The 90's and 00's we traveled by motorcycles and had the 'proper' camping equipment. Now my camping is mostly on ocean beaches, lake shores, and river banks while traveling in a 15' open sailboat.

If I had your skills I would record and have a Youtube channel, but that's not me.

I always enjoy your outings, ever give thought to a random drawing and taking a winner along? 

Another great video Dana, thanks for making this cold winter morning a little less dreary and flooding me with memories.

I did a lot of bicycle touring and camping in the 70's and 80's and we didn't have the gear available today. No tents. We slept under bushes, trees, or made shelter from branches and such. Our 'stove' was a 3 pound coffee tin cut in half with small hinges installed. Folded for packing and you opened it for cooking with twigs. The 90's and 00's we traveled by motorcycles and had the 'proper' camping equipment. Now my camping is mostly on ocean beaches, lake shores, and river banks while traveling in a 15' open sailboat.

If I had your skills I would record and have a Youtube channel, but that's not me.

I always enjoy your outings, ever give thought to a random drawing and taking a winner along? 

Thanks for checking it out, yes gear has evolved considerably since I've started doing this type of work. At the moment I'm working on a project that has taken some major funding that I simply don't have the recources for yet. I do have a giveaway coming for a $2000 Airgun kit that's going to be open for participating in several months. From time to time I do have guest come with me.. 

Cheers,

Dana

Yup my favorite airgun channel on youtube hands down. Err well my favorite airgun hunting channel. Cyclops videos does mostly airgun scopes, rifle scopes and airgun reviews from time to time and that guy is hilarious. He made milk come out of my nose twice. I hadn't had that happen since grade school. That being said i love your practical hunting techniques and detailed airgun videos. Beautiful scenery out there. 

Yup my favorite airgun channel on youtube hands down. Err well my favorite airgun hunting channel. Cyclops videos does mostly airgun scopes, rifle scopes and airgun reviews from time to time and that guy is hilarious. He made milk come out of my nose twice. I hadn't had that happen since grade school. That being said i love your practical hunting techniques and detailed airgun videos. Beautiful scenery out there.

Thanks my friend, ya for sure Joe is definitely a character. I've enjoyed his videos from the beginning and am blessed to have him as a friend. We in AZ filming now, can't wait to share the trip.

I just found this video, and I want to thank you for sharing your experience.

I want to go camping with my boyfriend and with some of his friends. I've never been camping before, and now I'm watching different videos to see what people do. It is better to be mentally prepared and know what to expect.

But I have a question for you. Should we buy a camping mattress or not? Because we're not sure if we should bring it with us. I've also found some options on https://outdoorfunmag.com/best-camping-mattress-for-couples/, but as I said before, we are not sure. Help us with advice, please!