Calling all shooters in my area...

I am looking for someone who can help me out a little bit. I need someone to come over and do a little test for me, I've shot at 400 rounds through my rifle and it can't seem to hold zero with the scope. It will shoot just fine with irons at 10 yards but anything past that with the scope, it's luck if I hit my PoA. I need someone who can test shoot my rifle and see if they have the same issue, I know that my hands shake so shooting off hand is rare for me. I usually use a rest with my rifle resting on my hand and it's fairly steady so either the scope is junk or I'm doing something wrong. 

It is a Nitro Piston so it doesn't have the crazy recoil like a regular springer. The scope is the standard that it comes with, a basic 4x32. If you live in the south Central PA area let me know. If you have a Chrony and some different pellets, could you by chance bring those too so we can run through the paces of testing it out. I'm trying to get it zeroed at 30 yards minimum for small game hunting. 

I hate not being able to hit my mark consistently and it drives me nuts when I adjust my scope according to point of impact and it still doesn't line up with the next shot. Help me out please.

Don't be so sure about the recoil. Gas piston guns can be even more severe than springers. I had a Gamo Magnum gas piston rifle whose recoil actually caused the included scopes windage knob to rotate a click or two on every shot. I switched the scope to a Nikon rated for air rifles and the problem was solved. I no longer have the Gamo but I still have the Nikon although it's just sitting in the box. If you are new to springers bear in mind that they also require a special technique to shoot accurately, known as the artillery hold.

@Crusher

That is a long way, wish I was out there instead here up north.

@hawkeye69

I'm not new to springers in the least, used to have a Beeman that could shoot chipmunks at 50 yards. I know the artillery hold well and it's how I hold my rifle even of bag rest, but it is still inaccurate when shooting. I think the issue if the scope as it is not of the best quality. I don't the recoil is making the rifle inaccurate, but the scope itself is inaccurate. I have another scope I received a few years ago but it's also inaccurate and it's on a multi pump .177 that is a cheap plinker. I don't think it would do any better, plus it came from a multi pump so I highly doubt it's springer rated to start with. Ill be getting a new scope as soon as I can but I don't wanna spend the money on a good scope if it's actually the rifle that's inaccurate. That's why I need someone else to come shoot it who also has experience so that they can give a second opinion as well as see if it's just the type of pellets I'm using. I also plan to get a proper rifle rest so that I can take human error out of the equation.

@Jon222

I've watched video after video on shooting, tuning, maintenance, cleaning, and many other topics. I've shot using artillery hold off hand, on a padded rest, prone, kneeling, standing; I've shot holding it firm like a powder burner and loosely as well. I also haven't seen any reviews on my particular rifle either, except two and only one of the videos was a proper review talking about it's accuracy and other specs gathered through shooting.

My issue is that I just dont have the finances to dump into multiple items like several types of pellets the I may not use after a few shots. I don't have a bunch of rifles sitting around to just shoot with as I buy things for a specific purpose. I am very financially unable to just go out and buy things because I think it might help, I have to know before I just drop money on something. Until work picks up again, I have no way to support buying things that don't feed or clothe my family. I need someone who can be present to shoot with me and see if their results are the same or if I am actually the issue with the rifle.

You will be the second person i’ve made this offer to. I bought a benjamin break barel rifle several years ago , it shot 1” groups at 20 to 25 yards however the gas piston did not last but about 6 months. It also came with the 4x32 Centerpoint scope , never had a problem with the scope. It has been sitting in a drawer for about 4 years. If you will send me your name and address in a pm I will be glad to send it to you free , there is no AO on these scopes but it worked good for me.
tracker90

Reactions: JimNM and Rodeo
what grain pellets are you using? My gas piston 22 likes them around 16gr as opposed to 14ish. These gas ram guns seem to like heavier projectiles than there coiled spring kin. it sounds like you may have two or three things going on, 1. Projectile weight, 2 quality of optics, 3 possible loose barrel-worn/Fd up bushing/washer and I suppose maybe your hold or trigger pull. I dont know if you've used a scope with an Adjustable objective, but it makes a huge difference. being able to focus in on your target. A 4 power fixed scope is pretty limiting. Once you go AO you'll never go back

@Applelex727

I'm assuming you didn't read any of the comments. I figured out why it wouldnt sight in properly. It groups just fine with open sights, it was the scope that was messed up. The crosshairs inside the scope we're crooked from the actual scope tube. Hence why it would never actually zero properly. The equivalent of having a permanently canted rifle.

I had a NP with the same problem. To find out if it was the scope or the locking I mounted an adjustable laser direct to the bottom of the barrel. Once I adjusted the laser to where the gun was shooting it stayed consistent with the laser. I adjusted the scope to the laser. Every time I cocked the gun the scope would be off from the laser. I would adjust the scope to the laser at about 10 yards and it would hit ok to the scope. I hated that gun. I put a Tuna trigger on it and the laser. I had a center point scope. I think after very few rounds the barrel wasn't locking up the same every time. But it always shot to the laser the scope always needed adjusting.