• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Calling all regulated AEA challenger/pro owners

If you have a chronograph you can also leave the reg set higher and turn the power wheel down until you get the right speed. I think either way you'll get the same number of shots before it falls off the regulator. Then you can buy some heavier slugs and really take advantage of this platform without having to do reg adjustments going back and forth. Enjoy!

I do have chronographs. I've heard of some rare anomalies where people are getting accurate shots with overpowered settings. So I'll try to see how they shoot hot before I turn them down.

Reactions: silvershooter589
Can you ask your friend what he did to get it to shoot so well? I just got one and there is very little info on how to tune these. Thanks.

Easy, take notes because I'm about to give you a special special sauce....💪🏾💪🏾

Get the red power spring if you don't already have one, (a lot of 357's have the grey spring which is horrible). Then get you two 14 gauge washers (.075" thick) and one 18 gauge (.042" thick), with 5/16" inner diam, and 1" outer diam..... and put these washers in front of the power spring when assembling the spring back in. Then turn your reg up to 205 bar. Buy you some Griffin 95 grain flat base slugs and fly those babies at 920 fps with masterclass precision.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST SETUP for the 357 Pro. Nothing will touch this. 180FPE and accuracy beyond anything in its class. Beats out my $2000 guns 50-80 yards. That's just how good this slug and tune is for this gun.

Reactions: silvershooter589
Easy, take notes because I'm about to give you a special special sauce....💪🏾💪🏾

Get the red power spring if you don't already have one, (a lot of 357's have the grey spring which is horrible). Then get you two 14 gauge washers (.075" thick) and one 18 gauge (.042" thick), with 5/16" inner diam, and 1" outer diam..... and put these washers in front of the power spring when assembling the spring back in. Then turn your reg up to 205 bar. Buy you some Griffin 95 grain flat base slugs and fly those babies at 920 fps with masterclass precision.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST SETUP for the 357 Pro. Nothing will touch this. 180FPE and accuracy beyond anything in its class. Beats out my $2000 guns 50-80 yards. That's just how good this slug and tune is for this gun.
Fantastic! I've got 300 of those slugs so I'm on it. I appreciate the guidance. Is the red spring harder sprung than the gray spring?

Reactions: KratosTM
Fantastic! I've got 300 of those slugs so I'm on it. I appreciate the guidance. Is the red spring harder sprung than the gray spring?
It's longer which makes a huge difference.
The grey spring will make 130fpe and valve lock occasionally at stock reg setting.
The red spring will make 155fpe at stock reg.
The red spring with washers will make 180-200fpe at 200-210 reg depending on the slug style.

Last edited:
These guns are no joke. Wish it was a little lighter and maybe a more traditional look, but the power and adjustability is something else. Max power I've got on my 30 cal Challenger Pro is 138 fpe. That's with the regulator set to 2900 psi and 61.5 grain NSA .303 hollowpoints. (heavy spring installed... although I find the springs don't make a lot of difference between the two)
I first bought the AEA .30 HP semi auto carbine, then the Pro challenger. 30 and now the Huben .25 cal k1. My question is about the Pro .30, I shot it only 5 times. Hadn't even sighted it in before the police showed up at my house, mind you private property with over 500 ft in every direction. Enough room to shoot any types of real rifles. Did you put a silencer on yours, and if so what was the difference 🤔 plus what rounds work the best in this platform, I'll try the NSA .303 61.5's.

I first bought the AEA .30 HP semi auto carbine, then the Pro challenger. 30 and now the Huben .25 cal k1. My question is about the Pro .30, I shot it only 5 times. Hadn't even sighted it in before the police showed up at my house, mind you private property with over 500 ft in every direction. Enough room to shoot any types of real rifles. Did you put a silencer on yours, and if so what was the difference 🤔 plus what rounds work the best in this platform, I'll try the NSA .303 61.5's.
Hahaha cops. It’s loud as heck that my ear was ringing. So much so that I put the Donny fl emperor on it. NOW the hit of the 80fr slug is what’s loud haha. I use avs slugs, 80gr about 1050fps, love it. Love it!

Where I live people shoot .30-06 and similar rifles on their farms pretty much every day. Still I like to be polite to my neighbors.

I've only shot the Pro 30 a few times without a DonnyFL Ronin attached to it. Otherwise it's louder than rimfire. It still makes some noise but it sounds more like using some weird pneumatic tool than shooting a gun now.

As for ammo I'm still using those NSA 303 61.5 and haven't really found a reason to experiment much beyond that.