Call me crazy if you like.I like my PCP gun, but I really like my springer guns.

As some of you know from previous posts, I am fairly new to air gun shooting although I have had a few inexpensive springer rifles around for several years. I just never got into shooting them much as they were not very accurate, and I have been occupied a little over the last 50 years shooting traditional archery, recurves and longbows, and on occasion older single shot and more traditional firearms. I did decide to purchase a decent shooting gas piston rifle some time back but then after watching some PCP shooting videos, I decided to purchase an entry level PCP. Well, that only stirred my interest even more and it wasn’t long, and I purchased a better PCP and love it. It is so accurate it almost makes shooting boring, 😊.

Having said that, I find that I am still drawn to the springer rifles, and over the past four months or so have acquired three really nice springer guns. I find that I have the greatest pleasure shooting them. Now don’t get me wrong I still like the PCP and love the way it shoots, but for me I find shooting the springers more challenging just like shooting traditional archery has been more challenging for me than the new high tech compounds or the older more traditional firearms over the new high tech ones.

I can relate with what you're saying. Although I never took the leap into pcp's I too have been an archer for more than 40 years. When the compounds came out a friend talked me into buying one. After wasting a lot of money and time I tossed that equipment aside and went in the opposite direction. I went from laminate recurves to custom made long bows.

I have co2's and a couple of multi pumps but I shoot my springers most often. 

This is what 65 years of shooting "fingers" release does to your release hand. I have always shot with a tab.

16342335532142191652078862876109.1634233584.jpg

I love my spring rifles and rarely shoot my PCPs for fun. They are for killing.

I like that springers are self contained..only need ammo!

Me too! I tried using a hand pump on my entry level PCP, but at my age I thought I was going to have to call 911 a couple of times 😊. You spend as much money for an air source as you do on a gun. With the springer you just need the ammo. I admit, I got the itch and for me a good springer provides a satisfying scratch.

I love my two PCPs. Lazer-like acccuracy and zero kick. What's not to love. But having spent countless hours taking my pro sport apart, switching springs, spring guides, top hats, lubes, and then taking the trigger assembly apart, polishing everything to perfection, there really is something about shooting it that's special. It was fine out of the box, but having tamed the shot cycle and gotten everything just the way I want it (thanks to helpful fellow travelers), it feels great to shoot it. 

Me and my 9 PCP's , 4 SCBA's, and Nitrogen fill tank with Booster are doing just fine thank you. Sold or gave away all the springers years ago.

I guess we're all crazy in one way or another.

Hello Sir Fuss,

I can't count off hand how many PCPs that I own but I refuse to get rid of my TX200, the HW97, the FWB124D, the Beeman R10 in 5mm, my ole FWB300, HW30 Laminate in .177, RX2 in .22, HW95 in .22 and a couple of Chinese springers. I too have a couple of carbon fiber tanks, a scuba tank and Daystate compressor but if things ever go south with my pcps or compressor, I still have my tried and true springers. Springers are always going to be around when everything else has been put down for the count and out of breath. I love all of me pcps but the springer's got a very special place in my heart and soul.

Me and my 9 PCP's , 4 SCBA's, and Nitrogen fill tank with Booster are doing just fine thank you. Sold or gave away all the springers years ago.

I guess we're all crazy in one way or another.

Hello Sir Fuss,

I can't count off hand how many PCPs that I own but I refuse to get rid of my TX200, the HW97, the FWB124D, the Beeman R10 in 5mm, my ole FWB300, HW30 Laminate in .177, RX2 in .22, HW95 in .22 and a couple of Chinese springers. I too have a couple of carbon fiber tanks, a scuba tank and Daystate compressor but if things ever go south with my pcps or compressor, I still have my tried and true springers. Springers are always going to be around when everything else has been put down for the count and out of breath. I love all of me pcps but the springer's got a very special place in my heart and soul.

Fleming, great to get a comment from you buddy. I didn't realize you had such a springer collection. If they're anything like the PCP's you brought to Chris's matches I know they are fine speciemens.

I thought about you just the other day when I came across you in an old "Tarheel" video that was done years ago of Will Piatt teaching us how to finess the standing lane. That's you and me and Rodney in the background of the video.

https://youtu.be/dxppUrJZSig

Ha, and of course one of my favorite pictures of you doing your thing

IMG_1131.1634258995.JPG

Peace and pellet grease brother