Call me crazy if you like.I like my PCP gun, but I really like my springer guns.

My one and only springer was a Benjamin Regal II .22 from Big 5 for $100 in 2016 - first pellet rifle in many years. Never could get consistent accuracy from it despite trying different pellets, scope, holds, etc. Stumbled upon PCP's and bought a Benjamin Maximus .22 to try out - accuracy issues gone. Am up to four now and always looking at more. Would like to try shooting some higher-end springers as I'm not opposed to buying something that I can shoot accurately.

Thanks Jimmy for checking in again and I tip my hat to you brother. Thanks for sharing the video as well because that was one of my more challenging days with my Ole Daystate Huntsman because I switched pellets on the day of the match, super duh! I've also read quite a few of your post while visiting here everyday but I'm still taking care of my mom and my queen. I do miss the matches at the club but family is always first.

Just on last week, I decided to try out my "older eyes" shooting my HW95 in .22 with iron sights. I was impressed with the quality of this springer because this is where this hobby started with me back in 1983 with my friend Frank Wise that's now deceased. I "Do" love my pcps but springers will always have a unique place in my collection.

More peace and pellet grease to you and your beautiful family my friend. 

There’s definitely a correlation with someone who enjoys shooting traditional bows and liking to shoot springers. I love the challenge I get from shooting my recurve. The challenge is the same reason I like shooting springers although with my D54 there is no challenge, just an appreciation for the innovation that went in to that rifle. I actually traded one of my PCPs for a springer and I don’t regret it. I own some of the most fun pcps: huben, lcs sk19, career 707, etc. I shoot my springers just as much if not more than my pcps. 

@long_gun_dallas I’m with you on the pistols! Shoot them more then my rifles

I totally agree that not just any ole springer is fun to shoot. I had one that just would not shoot anything with any consistent accuracy at all. It finally broke and that was probably a good thing. I haven’t been able to find any parts for it, so it just hangs on the wall now. When I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase a nice springer, I have not regretted it. And that was after I bought my higher end PCP rifle. I liked that springer so well I bought another and then another. And don’t tell my wife but there are probably one or two more in the future and perhaps maybe even one more PCP down the road at some point…. maybe.

I had a TX200 and a HW30 , probably two of the best springers I could ask for, but when they sit there collecting dust and not being shot for a couple years they had to find a home where they will get shot!

A few of my PCP's are getting that way too. Might have to downsize before I get another. The four calibers are nice to have though and each has it's purpose. I bring the .22's out mostly when folks come over to shoot.

54 year's shooting just about everything firearms, air guns, recurve and crossbow, HW97K is my go to springer with a Walther Terrus not far behind, just gotta love those spring guns, something satisfying about getting one hole accuracy from a traditional air rifle, yes I love my fx crown as a state of the art pcp, but I always return to springs sooner or later, no one called me crazy yet.

I had a TX200 and a HW30 , probably two of the best springers I could ask for, but when they sit there collecting dust and not being shot for a couple years they had to find a home where they will get shot!

A few of my PCP's are getting that way too. Might have to downsize before I get another. The four calibers are nice to have though and each has it's purpose. I bring the .22's out mostly when folks come over to shoot.

"I had a TX200 and a HW30 ," I purchased my TX200 at an airgun show here in Newton, North Carolina a few years ago, my FWB124D and my HW30. It's always great having a "trusty springer" on hand when all else fails. I renewed my membership with the American Legion on this evening and I'm hoping that I can recruit someone into the sport later on but for now, I'm sure some of them think that I'm someone to keep their eyes on. LOL

PS...…If need need were to arise and for light duty work, I know that I can trust my FWB124D and my HW30 to get the job done in a very quiet manor.

Me and my 9 PCP's , 4 SCBA's, and Nitrogen fill tank with Booster are doing just fine thank you. Sold or gave away all the springers years ago.

I guess we're all crazy in one way or another.

Yeah, I can relate with you though I'm not set up with air as well as I feel I need to be.

I guess if I had to hand pump a pcp then springers would be more attractive but I haven't had to do this.

I was raised with nice old German Diana springers when I lived in Germany as a boy and have owned a few different ones since then. Once I ran across pcp's about 25 years ago I began to lose interest in springers. I could never get away from the unpleasant "too me" twang and weird recoil cycle. When I bought my FWB 601 SSP it was like a dream come true for plinking and target. I might be able to say it's my favorite plinker if I just want to shoot a bunch at closer distances using iron sights, though my Steyr LGB1 biathlon pcp does nearly the same thing for 75 shots.

Last night my friend and I were shooting our multi pumps at 10M, eh having to pump mine 3-4 times get old real quick.

I have one springer left and it's a youth model in case a youngin comes by.

Though pcp's can be finicky, go out of tune, need to be fixed, and all that. 

Firearms, well not quite the hassle of pcp's but.....

Fleming, if I ever get the hankering for another springer, I'd like to find a good FWB 300. Hard to beat a good HW30 Or Beeman R7 though.

Jimmy, I'm 3 days late but that's how it is when you're involved with 2 women that count on you for everything, I'm not complaining, I'm explaining. I more than respect the accuracy of the FWB300 and it's never been about its power. When you can shoot flies anywhere between 15 and 20 yards, it's the only fly swatter that needed to kill them without getting too close. My HW30 is another soft shooter that I bought because I really liked the laminate stock that the previous owner set the action in, it's a little shooter as well, it's an easy way to slip someone into the sport.