California airgunners

Too much to read but as for the topic. Dont we all have to show ID to prove we are old enough to buy airguns, airsoft, etc at the store. I dont see a problem with showing your ID to buy airgun. If that is the law and you want to buy an gun. Then just show it. I feel better to show my ID than to give them my credit card info cause it can be use by unauthorized person. But even so we have to give our credit card info to but anything online.

Too much to read but as for the topic. Dont we all have to show ID to prove we are old enough to buy airguns, airsoft, etc at the store. I dont see a problem with showing your ID to buy airgun. If that is the law and you want to buy an gun. Then just show it. I feel better to show my ID than to give them my credit card info cause it can be use by unauthorized person. But even so we have to give our credit card info to but anything online.

I've never had to show ID to buy an air gun online. Now you will have to. It's one thing to show your ID in a store, but entirely different when you put that info online. 

Ask your retailer if after scanning you D/L if you can strike out your ID number and address, if they want to know your age, then what would they care? It's not like they are going to run your info. IDK, just a thought, it couldn't hurt to ask. Maybe provide the ID number by phone. I would think they would understand your fear.

Really though I think you are fine, it is harder work to get to credit card fraud with just a drivers license, there are more fish in the sea for them.

California legislature is notoriously anti-gun so don't be surprised at any kind of legislation that comes forth from them involving firearms and/or airguns AND ammo! we now have to undergo a background check simply to purchase ammo!

latest proposals from them: no lead ammo on public ranges and in order to transport a firearm, a permanently attached, lockable container with a shackle of at least 5/32 of an inch thick.

so far, lead pellets from/for airguns are not prohibited.

😒