• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Caliber swap?

Ladies and Gents,

I have a Brocock Bantam Sniper in .25 that I bought from UA about 3 years ago and had hydro dipped and Cerakote(d). I love the gun, but I also have an Edgun and a HEAVILY customized Marauder (both in .25) that can do what the Brocock can and maybe more.

My thought was to drop down to .22 with the Brocock and make it a compact. As I have a Vulcan 2 in .22 that shoots in the 32-32 fpe range (with the 18gr), I would like the Sniper to be in the 24-26 fpe range with 14.3gr to 16 gr pellets. My thought was to check into an FX 380mm barrel and maybe a 300cc bottle.

Has anyone done this or something similar? How much machining/fabrication would have to be done? Is it even possible? Or would it be worth it?

Any input would be appreciated.

Brian

By the time you get the parts and the work needed to install the barrel and bottle you could of just bought the FX Dreamline compact already. And mess up a perfectly good gun with no guaranty that it would work even. 

if you want a fun toy/adult lego to tinker and change everything on it then get a FX gun, if you want over built guns to shoot and and forget then keep your current guns(not to say FX can’t shoot and forget). 

qball,

Thanks for the input...and I understand completely what you are saying. I just thought that instead of having three doing basically the same thing, that I could turn one into something that I do not have...

I went through the same thing with my BSA and after hours of researching British forums I gave up and sold it. I absolutely loved its form factor and feel but like you it’s a gun that doesn’t get shot because it’s the same as some of my other guns and not exactly what I want. 

like the good old saying goes, don’t throw good money after bad money. It’s a really good gun, if it doesn’t fit your need then sell to recover funds for a gun you will shoot and enjoy. 

Same thing here...this would replace an R10se...which I love, but there is just something about that Bantam Sniper that I can't cut loose.

When I first started thinking about this, I thought the Maverick was perfect...able to adjust power from pellet to pellet ( I'm not a slug guy) but they got gone in a hurry. Just thinking of what I can do to fill that void with what I have.

Thanks for the input.

I don't mind...actually like having several guns. I just want them to do something (lesser or more) than the other ones that I have...if that makes sense.

totally makes sense! I ended up collection an array of guns and they are all very different, variety is the spice of life! In a year I somehow ended up with 3 FX guns and 8 barrels for them. Not to mention the 3 crosman guns.😅

If I were you I would evaluate which gun I love the most and keep it, then sell the one I love the least and go from there.