• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Caliber gun Cricket long .25

Have you owned the gun long? Did it just start doing it?

I’m not sure you’re having an issue, but the cricket mags can be tricky to get in the gun properly. First, the $20 Donny FL side plate helps a lot. You have to cock the bolt handle and pull the indexing pin knob back and hold it there. If you have the Donny FL side plate, it will hold it there. When you put the magazine in, get the bottom notch on the pin in the bottom of the opening where the mag goes. The trick is to make sure the mag is centered. It helps if you look at it from the rear of the gun. Let the little silver knob go and jiggle the mag as if it were rotating with your left handwhile pushing the silver indexing pin forward.

Cock the gun and pull the handle back that brings the pin back that goes through the center of the magazine. Insert the magazine and push it down and get it close to center. Let the handle for the centering pin go forward and move the magazine until the pin goes into the center of the magazine and moves forward. Now pull the handle all the way down. If the handle is not down the magazine will not advance on it's own and it will have to be advanced manually. My Cricket2 .30 came from the factory with a notch in the plate to hold the handle back. You can buy a after market plate with the notch or notch the one you have. I hope this solves your problem. Plink FLoyd, out.

Are positive the magazine retaining probe is ALL the way forward?

It has to be that or take a look at the detention system that is suppose to center the magazine. I'll look at mine today when I can to see if I can help you!

No chance your ammo is too long?? Nose or skirt ( are you using slugs?) protruding from mag? I haven't found any too long for my gun yet, but I guess it would be possible

My 1st Cricket is a used .25 caliber that developed an indexing problem. Here's a video showing the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmi2ki3Hs2I

I made this post on GTA showing a pretty simple fix for it. I just added a drop of two-part epoxy under the indexing arm to take up a little space. After it hardened I filed it down to where the indexing was just right. It has been working fine since!

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=166657.msg155867227#msg155867227