Caliber Conversion Process: RAW HM1000x .25 cal to .30 cal

Mods, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this post or if it should be in the 'PCP' forum-please move if appropriate.

Guys / Gals,

One of the things I was looking for previously was a guide on how to convert between calibers (with similar power settings) on a RAW HM1000x. While I found several members on the forums that had experience with the process, I didn't find a helpful guide-so I documented the process and put it into a 'guide' to share with others. I have sent this to Martin, and Ken (SPAWeapons.com) to look over and they have both blessed the process-so I sent it along to several people in the RAW review thread.

Now that the forum has a 'upload document' feature, I'm uploading a copy of the RAW conversion procedure in case anyone wants to download a copy of it for their use. I realize this isn't the right guide for all guns, but it will give you some insight into the process, and what a 'probe' looks like, how involved the process is, etc. Since the RAW platform is really an evolution of the Theoben Rapid action-and several other guns have spun off of that design-the guide may be very helpful for several different guns from a number of manufacturers-though I can't guarantee that for sure, so follow at your own risk (though it's pretty easy, honestly...).

Lastly, one comment: I selected the calibers in this guide because they are basically one single regulator setting-so I don't need to make any adjustments to the regulator during the conversion (in either direction). And, for me, I'm not even adjusting the hammer spring tension either-just a straight swap over (and the results have been GREAT).

Thus, I'm starting this thread to pull this one out of the RAW Review thread and up to the top level for easier access and for better visibility as this topic comes up fairly regularly. Hope it's useful for you guys-if so, just leave me a '+' on my profile (if you want, no pressure). More importantly: if you find errors, need clarification, or want something added: PLEASE let me know and I'll include/update, etc for you.

Here it is:
download.png
 View attachment 1524077856_13076287715ad79520d63e56.94903022_RAW Caliber Change Guide, Rev 2c.pdf ​

​Sean

Reactions: Strever