Caliber choice

So I approached this within another post and did not get a response so I would like to post the topic as a stand alone.

as I consider another pcp I already own one in .177 and .22. The next one will enjoy the great outdoors at poverty acres (my home).

it will be used for plinking , benchrest, and possibly small game. The short list includes the impact mkII and the taipan veteran but the real question is.22 or .25 and what advantages does each caliber bring to the table. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

"... The short list includes the impact mkII and the taipan veteran..."

Sir, you do have great taste in airguns!

In your case, I would have to recommend the FX Impact .22 cal. Simply because for ~$500 additional, you can change to a .25 cal. with the purchase of the barrel kit.

I love my Taipan Veterans -- all 3 of them. However, my FX Impacts are mighty accurate and modular to boot -- all 3 of them.😉
1584492082_133119575e716e328a1899.57822581.JPG

Just a sample of my "arsenal".

"... The short list includes the impact mkII and the taipan veteran..."

Sir, you do have great taste in airguns!

In your case, I would have to recommend the FX Impact .22 cal. Simply because for ~$500 additional, you can change to a .25 cal. with the purchase of the barrel kit.

I love my Taipan Veterans -- all 3 of them. However, my FX Impacts are mighty accurate and modular to boot -- all 3 of them.😉
1584492082_133119575e716e328a1899.57822581.JPG

Just a sample of my "arsenal".

Wow lol. Home run This time at bat lol. I agree with him 👍👊 Very nice choices haha.

What is your range? I own .177 & .22 Springers, a couple .22 PCPs, and a .25 PCP (powerful one 62fpe) I shoot at no more than 35 yards ever at home. The .25 is way too much. I only shoot the .177s & the .22s, even those can be overkill. I’m partial to Kalibrgun & Taipan. I can kill squirrels with my 12fpe Springers, no problem. Just some food for thought. 

Just consider that moving a .30 at a decent speed uses quite a bit of air - not sure if that plays into your decision. Overall .22 is my favorite caliber for plinking and target shooting. I have .30 and it's just too much for an indoor range, but man is it fun smacking an apple with it. I think .25 would be a happy middle ground for more power but still some air efficiency.