Caldwell Stable Table Labor Day Sale

But I do like the tables with the kick out so you can have a rifle further back. So I will be modding mine in the next month or so.

20210906_165518.1630974554.jpg

Allen

I do plan on putting these feet on as well.

20210906_173656.1630975587.jpg

Allen

Good idea. My father had worked almost all his adult life in an office equipment/furniture business and had given me some of those, and I looked all over for them, and finally found the two remaining, need three, but those two are extremely heavy duty, 5/8" bolt stems so not too good for this purpose. I looked at Amazon and ebay and mostly junk, then went to McMaster-Carr and found some in stainless steel with a 3/8" bolt stem, which should be better as I will have to leave the table outdoors.

I did make sure to get what they call the swivel leveling feet as they can tilt to accommodate unlevel surfaces. 

Last sale bench received today - range is now complete and we'll have enough good benches when our other friend starts to join us for our weekly airgun shoots, or when my wife can start shooting again.

IMG_2031.1631052613.JPG

The sale on the Stable Tables I believe ends today. And since the Caldwell sale has been going on, Amazon has hiked the price of this bench to just over $219.

It is also a really good idea made above about the ability to easily change out the tabletop on these benches, if the OEM one is not the size/shape/material you prefer. Thanks for that idea!

For those who have asked or commented, I find these 3 legged benches much more stable than 2 other 4 (or more)-legged benches I have used (and have since given away to friends). But truthfully, these other benches (Stable Table Lite and Birchwood Casey Ultra Steady) are more about portability than stability. The Stable Tables are made of much heavier components, which pretty much lock down with hand tightened bolts. The other tables I have not liked nearly as much have included:

BC Ultra.1631052852.jpg

Stable Table Light.1631052852.jpg

Now if I need something which is portable and reasonably stable, I use an MTM table and a bucket type seat (with an additional FT type cushion if necessary). It works but it is not something which I would choose to shoot off of for long periods. I have come to really appreciate the adjustability of the Stable Tables.

IMG_2034.1631053397.JPG

Having tried both the Stable Table and the Lite version, as you note you have, then you should certainly know which you prefer and that information can help others decide on which they might get. I purchased the Lite version specifically for the portability (relatively compact when folded and can carry with one hand) because I already had a very solid Hy-Skore table that isn't as easily portable. But I've been more than satisfied with the stability of the Lite version. Glad you have something that works for you.

Mine came it today, finally. That thing is heavy. I had ordered some swivel leveling feet and installed them while assembling the unit. I guess I lucked out and got the more formed seat as compared to the round pad seat shown on their web site. Since I will be leaving this out in the weather I will probably get a small tarpaulin and keep it covered. The summer sun is murder down here on plastics/polymers left out uncovered. 

From the looks of things it will probably be a few days before I will try it out. The last 3-4 days were fantastic, but that tropical storm off the Texas coast has brought high humidity back and I was sweating heavily while assembling the table.

For covering patio furniture and other things during the winter, I purchase a lot of various covers when I see them cheap on Amazon Lightning Deals. BBQ covers, golf cart covers, riding mower covers, etc.

One which I found worked really well on a bench I had previously been leaving out in the weather was a BBQ cover by a company called Unicook. This one fits pretty well - install over the front of the bench first and then pull the back over the seat. A little elastic cord over the seat keeps it all tight and in place - and I get a lot of wind here.

Here is the link to the one shown below in the photos:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTCCM7Y/

It is the 53" model. Made of what seems like ballistic nylon, with a waterproofing treatment on the underside of the fabric. In a year of use it faded very slightly, but has held up great and is easy to use on these benches. And at times when I got lazy and was only going to take a few shots, I would just uncover the seat and leave the rest of the bench covered.

Not on sale right now, but would be worth the 24 bucks if I needed another one. (Was $18.99 when I bought mine a year ago, but that was pre- current administration induced inflation).

IMG_2051.1631583608.JPG

IMG_2052.1631583608.JPG

Thanks for that link, I am going to order one. I did order a plain canvas tarp with d rings but that looks more convenient. I did discover that I can loosen the bolt that tightens the tabletop and rotate it around so it covers the seat. That is how I have it now, with my little plastic caldwell rest on the seat. With that cover I may be able to leave my better tripod and rear rest out.

...I did discover that I can loosen the bolt that tightens the tabletop and rotate it around so it covers the seat. That is how I have it now, with my little plastic caldwell rest on the seat. With that cover I may be able to leave my better tripod and rear rest out.

That's an excellent idea. I sometimes forget the extensive adjustability of these tables.

For what ever reason i always have to mess with things dunno why, i just do.

If you find that the table is just still a little wobbly make sure everything is tight. Especially the knobs for the table top and the base shaft knob. With my weight I found that the legs are a little springy so i put a small screw jack (just grabbed one out of one of the cars) in the center and adjusted it so it did not moved up and down so much and enough pressure to not allow much rocking. I had to play with it a little. In the future i can probably put a adjustable foot pad there but I wanted to try this first to see how it works and it does take the majority of what wobble is left especially if you do not put your feet on the ground and instead put them on the legs. 

I have not found the time to cut a new table top yet but i have found that if i put the pin under the hole for the seat hole height rather through it i can swing the seat to the side of the table and turn the table enough so I can have the table sit further back allowing my elbow to sit on top of the table more. I just need to rotate one of the legs a bit so i have more support and not tip the whole unit over. Although with my weight i probably dont have to worry about that as much as someone over 200 lbs

20211010_220805.1633931410.jpg

Allen

Great idea. I just tried mine for the first time this morning, zeroing a Crosman 22xx type I am building up for my grandson as a Christmas present. Temps have finally cooled down enough here in E Texs to get out although it was in low 80's and high humidity. I did place an old garden umbrella so it knocks the sun off which helps. After lunch I am going back out and try relocating that pin for the seat so I can swivel it some and turn the base so my weight is more on two legs than one.