• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Caldwell Lead Sled FCX Shooting Rest

I was given a Lead Sled several years ago. It is an older version, but very similar to the sled shown. It's a great device for absorbing recoil for large caliber rifles. Just add bags of lead shot or another dead weight and it's a great tool to sight in high powered rifles.

For airguns, it's still quite useful. When sighting in a scope, the Lead Sled gives an incredibly stable platform. You can aim for the center of the target, shoot and see how far off you are without moving the gun. If you have a break barrel, just reload, sight to the same place as the first shot, adjust the cross hairs to the actual hit, and try again.

It's also good for doing shot strings to see how accurate your gun is. It's very stable and gives the ability to "aim" the gun on target.

It's a bit pricey in my book for airguns. For a 30-06, the heavy build and weight is right on target. For air rifles, it's overkill. I like it, but would consider it too expensive for an air rifle when I can build a lighter version out of wood that will work just about as well.

It just depends on what you need.