• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Caldwell Fire control front Rest for BR

I don't have any experience on the rest you mentioned, but weight is your friend in front rests if you want small groups. My guess is your groups may suffer if you get a lighter rest. I too have a Sinclair and it is the lightest rest i would use personally. I don't see any of our top shooters (I'm not there yet) using Sinclairs or similar light rests. Most are using SEB or Randolph.

P.S. I would be leery of the one small diameter post supporting the cradle and your rifle our so far with no additional support. It may work fine, I would want to try one before I spent any money on one. I think there would be an opportunity for vibration or unwanted movement.

Thx

Dan

P.S. You could always go old school and travel with the Caldwell Tack Driver and rear rest unfilled and then fill with rice or something when you get to where you are going! Almost as good as a mechanical rest, just takes a little longer to position properly for your shot. Just throwing that out there. You might play with a couple of the fillable bags at home to see how the pan out.

Thx

Dan