• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Caldwell Chrono Won't Connect to iPhone

I've been in and out of this hobby for a while now. I pulled out my Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chrono (the corded one, not Bluetooth) to record some shot strings. Realized that my iPhone 11 Pro has the lightning jack and not the 3.5mm audio jack, so I ordered a two-pack of lighting to audio adapters for the iPhone. 

Unfortunately, the app will not recognize that the chrono is attached. I've made sure the microphone is on, tried both adapters, tried all sequences of turning on the unit and app, but to no avail.

Anybody with the same experience and who found a solution?

I've been in and out of this hobby for a while now. I pulled out my Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chrono (the corded one, not Bluetooth) to record some shot strings. Realized that my iPhone 11 Pro has the lightning jack and not the 3.5mm audio jack, so I ordered a two-pack of lighting to audio adapters for the iPhone. 

Unfortunately, the app will not recognize that the chrono is attached. I've made sure the microphone is on, tried both adapters, tried all sequences of turning on the unit and app, but to no avail.

Anybody with the same experience and who found a solution?

Did you check if the Caldwell app has audio or mic access (or whatever access is required) "allowed"? If it works with an iPhone 13 it should work with an iPhone 11 Pro. Maybe compare iOS versions with the iPhone 13 that corny has.

Uninstall the app, and do a hard reboot of the phone, and reinstall the app.

I ignored the adapter for my chrony and use BlueStacks to run android apps on a 12” laptop. just plug into the mic jack skip the adapter altogether. Nice to have the bigger screen sterlock and spreadsheet programs, email, etc right there too. Great for viewing trailcams and ATN app as well. . 

Just a thought with the adapters. The actual Apple adapters have a proprietary DAC in them. Have not seen anything similar in cheap adapters, only resistors, not unlike the cheap chargers. (although some of those have some chips that inject spyware). My last employer experienced the same problem with the adapter. It was needed for a product they manufactured and designed for the mic jack, not unlike the chrony. We found oem adapter is best, not perfect but best. This did not solve all the lighting to 3.5mm adapter issues but most of them. iOS updates and other firmware updates caused some problems as well. 

959557A6-74B7-4531-BFA9-B912C0090ABE.1638594031.jpeg