• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

caldwel dont work

dont work in room, 10 diferent lights i try but still nothing

any idea?
1578434089_14378365415e14fe29616dc2.87712600_IMG-20180718-WA0027.jpeg

I found my Caldwell (same setup with those lights) to be very robust (still working), even after shooting it just below the top lip above the screen and blowing the battery out of the bottom! Try this: Open the battery compartment and blow compressed air through the slots on top, around the sensor's, mother board, etc. Did lead dust or anything else fly out the bottom?

I saw some where a guy couldn’t get his caldwell to read, I was having same problem. He used these 2.50$ work light shaped like an oval from Walmart very bright led taped to the bottom of the sun blockers. I did it ands it’s worked flawless. I had one crony from them that shot craps. I emailed them for help I was just trying to figure out what was wrong after a bit of back and forth with trouble shooting the replaces it didn’t ask for old one and didn’t ask where I got it Or proof of purchase. They straight up said their product we stand behind it. Also they said if fluorescent are near it may cause issues.

edit : also if the battery gets lowish on power mine would get really funky. Used 4 battery’s b4 I wipped out the voltage meter and found had a box of bunk 9 vs got a brand new one and it read correctly

Should at least be getting an error, otherwise it's not reading anything.

I've dropped mine, and subisquently had it quit. Pulling it apart, cleaning, and re-assembling got it going again. Ive had dust fall in mine, too. It's hard for it to pick up smaller projectiles. And it seems some shapes or coatings may be harder to pick up, too. Like a more reflective finish?

Anyhow, mine works great with those lights. Just have to shoot dead center across bother sensors 

Take it back or keep it that’s the decision you have to make. I’ll tell you what my experience was with that same chronograph. Just like you I had a lot of issues with errors because it didn’t register a good pass along the gates. This was especially problematic because I wanted to use it indoors. Shooting it outside in full sun it seemed to work a lot better because there was more ultraviolet light for the sensors to work with. Just like another post said you do have to shoot exactly in the middle, and even then it would have errors especially when shooting.177 caliber. I ended up returning it and purchasing the Caldwell G2 the one that has Bluetooth and is upside down. The G2 works perfectly and rarely rarely rarely ever gives an error I use it exclusively indoors. The Bluetooth is awesome and works flawlessly and the whole thing is battery powered and lasts for hours. You also have the option of plugging in the micro USB and having it powered from a USB power adapter so it will charge and work at the same time.