• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cajun Spring Classic Update

Good day.

During my introduction to Bayou Airgun Club it was said the Cajun Spring Classic is the "Grande Dame'' of field target matches and the 2024 Cajuns is proving to be that. 5 weeks out we have 82 field target shooters, 32 pistol shooters and 38 entered in benchrest. If all pledges from sponsors are honored, and I have confidence they will be, you should start saving your nickels and pennies for the raffles. 2024 Cajuns will be like no other AAFTA grand prix match I have attended.

The non-sanctioned benchrest match is limited to 20 fpe, no one piece rest, and will have cash prizes. Benchrest is growing to be a very popular addition to Cajuns. If limited to 40 shooters, not a solid cut off, pay out will be $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd and $200 for 3rd. We have inquiries from people wanting to shoot benchrest only, so we will be accepting benchrest only shooters, $25 with no shirt, and $45 with shirt.

Some of the current sponsors are:

Benjamin and Crosman - They are sending 3 Rifles (Bulldog,Gunner and ST1 full auto), 90 Target Trees, and 120 tins of Benjamin Pellets.

FX Airguns - A new True Ballistic Chronograph which will be used to chronograph guns for 2024 Cajuns and put on the table to be raffled.

Airguns of Arizona - They will be sending their mobile showroom van. They have also donated a rifle for the raffle.

Hawke Scopes

Pyramyd Air

Predator

Utah Airguns

Athlon Optics

And many more

Ward Creek to Bayou Manchac and Bayou Manchac to Amite River have been dragged and greatly improved the drainage in our area, which should help in the event of an unusual rain event. Who remembers the fun we had back in 2016?

If you know of anyone that still wants to register, please tell them to do so before Monday if they want to be guaranteed to get a shirt as the order will be placed Monday and there will be a limited number of extras ordered.

We are proud of our bluebird trail, be kind to them and don’t feed the gators.

Thanks Mike

"From Mike"

Good day,
Today is off to a good start. As I begin to send out this update, FedEx just drove up and another package has arrived. A big thanks to Yvette Hicks of Airforce Airguns - RAW RapidAirWorx for sending Bayou Airgun Club, a TalonP Carbine .25 caliber rifle with buttstock. It is a good thing when Bayou Airgun Club can show an association with a major compony in the airgun industry that has a reputation like Airforce - RAW. This is yet another gun to add the 2024 Cajun Spring Classic raffle. We should have 8 riffles and 3 scopes in the raffle. I said before save your nickels and pennies for the raffle, it will be like none before at the Cajun Spring Classic.

On Friday, a pallet from Crosman & Benjamin Airguns arrived, which had to be off loaded with a forklift. Still more things being donated for our event.

Time is getting short, last I heard we have 91 shooters registered. For those of you who are first timers to Jean Lafitte Airgun Range it is located at 17200 Airline Highway Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at the intersection of Airline Hwy and Paladin Dr. We will have flags showing the entrance to the park. Many visitors have stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites at 17301 Airline Hwy, Prairieville LA. 1.9 miles from the range. I have never heard anything negative about them.

Thanks,
Mike Dugas
Cajun Classic Match Director

Last edited:
Reactions: cavedweller
Good day,
Today is off to a good start. As I begin to send out this update, FedEx just drove up and another package has arrived. A big thanks to Yvette Hicks of Airforce Airguns - RAW RapidAirWorx for sending Bayou Airgun Club, a TalonP Carbine .25 caliber rifle with buttstock. It is a good thing when Bayou Airgun Club can show an association with a major compony in the airgun industry that has a reputation like Airforce - RAW. This is yet another gun to add the 2024 Cajun Spring Classic raffle. We should have 8 riffles and 3 scopes in the raffle. I said before save your nickels and pennies for the raffle, it will be like none before at the Cajun Spring Classic.

On Friday, a pallet from Crosman & Benjamin Airguns arrived, which had to be off loaded with a forklift. Still more things being donated for our event.

Time is getting short, last I heard we have 91 shooters registered. For those of you who are first timers to Jean Lafitte Airgun Range it is located at 17200 Airline Highway Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at the intersection of Airline Hwy and Paladin Dr. We will have flags showing the entrance to the park. Many visitors have stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites at 17301 Airline Hwy, Prairieville LA. 1.9 miles from the range. I have never heard anything negative about them.

Thanks,
Mike Dugas
Cajun Classic Match Director

You using a ghost writer now, Jeff 😉; It's actually intelligible! 😂

Wish I could attend, but family is a higher priority now.

Who Me?.jpg

2012 Cajuns trophies.jpg

2012 Cajuns podium placers. I overcame a Rifle Match 1 six-point deficit:eek: in Rifle Match 2 to capture the Hunter PCP title.:oops:; then and there adopting the credo "Never give up!"

Happy shooting Y'all!

Last edited: