• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Cajun Spring Classic Field Target: Day 1

Hi, All:
Day one is in the books and we were blessed to have nice (but warm and humid) weather. There was some great shooting given the dark lanes and overall level of difficulty.
Score board pics are posted below, and we will update with complete results tomorrow.
Griff

6FA82201-3FE0-4E39-98CF-E6B531A28DCA.jpeg

50627E3D-35ED-4D9A-A992-DB6A4021D957.jpeg

41E31D0D-2718-435A-ABBA-CF485F5DFF2E.jpeg

1919DB12-4C24-49AD-BD07-490ADE3BD5B3.jpeg

DDFEA35B-453C-429F-98D8-3597691262F0.jpeg

I just got home from day 2 and I have to say that field target shooters are the nicest bunch of folks you will ever meet, and FT shooters at a GP are on a whole nother level in terms of friendliness and generosity. Where else can you show up and compete with national and world champions and have them treat you like family (the good kind of family, not those cousins that you block on Facebook). It's like showing up to the Masters and getting to tee off with Tiger, Jack and Arnie, and then getting to go out to dinner with them afterwards. My only regret is that I didn't get a chance to talk to more people out there.

So if you are ever on the fence about attending a GP, go ahead and jump off that fence. Even if you shoot like hard boiled crap (which I did), you will learn things and meet great people.

Thanks to the crew, volunteers and spouses that helped make the Cajun Classic such a great shoot. Really top notch.

Nice meeting you Scott even if it was brief. Met a lot of new people and got back to seeing some old friends. Courses were layed out well and were challenging. Weather was good with no rain. It truly was a great time at the Cajuns. Well worth the trip from NJ.
It was great to meet you as well, Brian. I didn't want to talk to you until you were done shooting, lest I accidentally put a hex on your fine shooting. Although everyone I shot with did well, so maybe I'm just hexing myself.
Great shooting, the course and weather definitely agreed with you.