Caddyshack 2023..

Earlier this week I was feeling like Chevy Chase. A pocket gopher parachuted into our front yard and began digging and eating.

Just like Chevy, I began my battle against the invader.

I tried GopherHawk traps..something that has always worked in the past..nope.

Then I tried poison..nope.

Then poison AND traps..nope and nope.

My better half then says "WTF, why not drown the SOB?". So out came the hose..two hoses actually..from two different burrow/tunnel complexes..nope. All I accomplished was to wash the front walkway with mud and debris. Wife now really ticked and I'm seeing RED.

We're on our morning walk and she opines "have you tried gassing them?". Well no..I usually go straight to the gopher bombs, but I'm out and will have to make a trip to the Home Depot. As we finish our walk I go to check if the trap I set earlier has sprung.

And there..poking his caddyshack little head out of his latest burrow..and staring (or more likely sniffing) at our flower garden..is public enemy #1.

I run through the garage..tap the door opener as I fly by..run to get the RTI Compact out of it case..and get back just as the garage door is fully open.

You guessed it..still there with his gopher smirk eyeing the flowers.

Cock and load the RTI..aim..fire..15yds..22 JSB PolyMag Short launched at 900fps..POP..done.

1-img-CaddyShacked.png