Crosman Cabelas outfitter .22

I bought this rifle probably 15-20 years ago. Shot it quite a bit, and as I acquired more air guns it began to sit. I would take it out now and then but the weight with the large scope was a turn off.
1000001596.jpg
this is it in the original configuration. After some time owning it, I swapped in a grt-III trigger which makes a heck of difference, but not enough to get it regular shooting time.
20240323_154554.jpg
I eventually swapped it to a red dot, which I much prefer weight wise. Since then, I have upgraded from the $30 bsa to a nice Hawke red dot thanks to member here that had just what I needed in the classifieds. Still looking to reduce weight I decided to finish a stock swap I started 10 years ago. I had purchased a stock, stripped the finish. And begun giving it a new look. Unfortunately the factory stamped in checkering had uneven depth, leaving 1 panel almost nonexistent. That kind of detail which can not only be seen, but also felt while holding the rifle drove me nuts....and so the stock sat waiting for me to get back to it. I have now gone over all 4 panels,and traded checkering for stippling. 3 coats of stain, 5 thin coats of poly, and a bunch of cursing later I am calling it done. There are still a couple things I may go back in and work on in another 10 years, but not today. For the first time in a while I see this getting some regular time on target, and a walk in the woods this year. This is the boring side of the rifle....
20240423_085446.jpg
definitely feels better in hand and offhand for me now. Not pellet picky getting hunter grade accuracy a half dozen pellets in 22 of various weights and shapes.
The non-boring side of the rifle shows off some of my art work. Hand painted in acrylic in 2014 while I was still making my living as an artist. Initials and year hidden under the recoil pad.
20240423_085431.jpg
20240423_085625.jpg

I bought this rifle probably 15-20 years ago. Shot it quite a bit, and as I acquired more air guns it began to sit. I would take it out now and then but the weight with the large scope was a turn off. View attachment 458390this is it in the original configuration. After some time owning it, I swapped in a grt-III trigger which makes a heck of difference, but not enough to get it regular shooting time.View attachment 458391I eventually swapped it to a red dot, which I much prefer weight wise. Since then, I have upgraded from the $30 bsa to a nice Hawke red dot thanks to member here that had just what I needed in the classifieds. Still looking to reduce weight I decided to finish a stock swap I started 10 years ago. I had purchased a stock, stripped the finish. And begun giving it a new look. Unfortunately the factory stamped in checkering had uneven depth, leaving 1 panel almost nonexistent. That kind of detail which can not only be seen, but also felt while holding the rifle drove me nuts....and so the stock sat waiting for me to get back to it. I have now gone over all 4 panels,and traded checkering for stippling. 3 coats of stain, 5 thin coats of poly, and a bunch of cursing later I am calling it done. There are still a couple things I may go back in and work on in another 10 years, but not today. For the first time in a while I see this getting some regular time on target, and a walk in the woods this year. This is the boring side of the rifle....View attachment 458394definitely feels better in hand and offhand for me now. Not pellet picky getting hunter grade accuracy a half dozen pellets in 22 of various weights and shapes.
The non-boring side of the rifle shows off some of my art work. Hand painted in acrylic in 2014 while I was still making my living as an artist. Initials and year hidden under the recoil pad. View attachment 458397View attachment 458398
NICE .

Reactions: Hold_Over