C2T - how to disassemble (and fix) eccentric shroud?

Brand new C2T .30.

I have determined that #98, #127, and #58 are concentric (the shroud tube and end caps - refer to exploded view below). This is good.

My problem is that #99 is not concentric to those 3 asseembled parts. When I spin the shroud assembly onto the barrel's M14 threads, I can see the shroud outside diameter, and the 1/2-20 threads, spinning eccentrically.

The observed result is that when shooting with a moderator, the group pattern looks like buckshot. When shot with just the shroud, with NO moderator, the group tightens up tremendously (and is also 4" high at 34 yards).

Anyone know how disassemble the shroud? It looks like the end caps are crimped into the shroud tube....but I don't know for sure.

Anyone have any suggestions for a fix? I could shoot it with no moderator but, I'd prefer to use one (and decrease the chances of raising any eyebrows).

CRICKET-II-TACTICAL-.30_600-scaled-2.jpg

Last edited:
My87,
Had same problem with Chinese-made Airacuda Max .25. Firewalker suggested switching shroud around, worked great. Shroud end cap was glued on, threaded two nuts on endcap moderator threads, tightened nuts against each other, gently heated shroud end, then tapped ball peen hammer on wrench holding inside nut till softened glue released. I've no idea if switching shroud on the Cricket will work or if the end cap is glued on, just offering suggestions. Best of Luck, WM

It was a Pugio. It's not clipping (that I could see, after disassembling the moderator). I think the pellet is just getting real close to the 3D printed guts. Enough to upset the pellet. Pugio ID measures .340....so not much to play with for room.

I thought I tried a Huma Mod 30 too (3 sections total), but I didn't. I'll correct the first post. The mod 30 I have measures .360....maybe it'll be better.

And yes, .30 C2T.

Last edited:
The tube is not bent.

The end cap's face is out of square (to the OD of the tube's center line) by .007". This is enough to cause a 3.937" long LDC to run out about .035-.040" total, at the exit end.

If I had access to a lathe, taking a clean up pass on the face might "fix" it enough to be able to use an LDC with the shroud....if there's enough slop in the threads.

Perhaps Kalibrgun will fix it under warranty?