Bye Bye Birdie!

That’sa magic trick, it disappeared!

@estarkey7: you don’t have a private yard at all? I know it’s not you style but if you have some private area a feed station out of view with a 3 fpe target pistol might do the trick.
This is my entire yard, and there is no back yard and I can barely even throw a rock without hitting someone else's home. 😥
The raccoon's come from the wooded area across the street and cause me problems. But the sparrows are building nest in my gutters and underneath my awning and they make nest in my Red Maple and my pride and joy, my giant Japanese Maple.

I thought about putting some bread in the yard in front of the tree to bait the sparrows to their doom, but it's not easy to shoot from concealment during the day, as there are a fair amount of retiree residence in the area, that even after 20 years, I really don't know.
20220630_173502.jpg

20220630_173520.jpg
20220630_173952.jpg

20220630_174020.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: qball
@estarkey7, looks like a no win shooting situation in your yard. Those shystie sparrows figured the closer to you they get the safer they're be. Maybe you can use other non airgun remedies? Seems like a Crosman 1701p could rid you of that sparrow problem once proper shot angles and backstops are in place. Very low power, but plenty for sparrows out to 20 yards... Dead or dying sparrows in that yard might attract attention though, tough situation. You also might just go after them at night.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
@estarkey7, looks like a no win shooting situation in your yard. Those shystie sparrows figured the closer to you they get the safer they're be. Maybe you can use other non airgun remedies? Seems like a Crosman 1701p could rid you of that sparrow problem once proper shot angles and backstops are in place. Very low power, but plenty for sparrows out to 20 yards... Dead or dying sparrows in that yard might attract attention though, tough situation. You also might just go after them at night.
I was thinking about baiting with birdseed so I can get them at the base of my red maple. I can also shoot from concealment of my wrap around porch.
Also can you fence off your lot? Would open up some low power shooting opportunities...
There are ordinances for front yard fences here, and I don't quite like the look.
To many angles to cause damage to someone !!!

In there I would only use a. 177, not at maximum power and with all kind of care. And at the apropriate time, move to a more rural area in order to be able to shoot all around.
I've been looking at some rural property so I can set up a small game hunting camp.

I was thinking about baiting with birdseed so I can get them at the base of my red maple. I can also shoot from concealment of my wrap around porch.

There are ordinances for front yard fences here, and I don't quite like the look.

I've been looking at some rural property so I can set up a small game hunting camp.
If you have the chance, do it!

Reactions: N2 Shooter