• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Buying from Amazon?

Hi all,
Very close to pulling the trigger on purchasing a Crosman 1701P. Currently available from Amazon for a few cents over $312 - over $50 less than next lowest price I could find on the net. Listed as new and "Shipped by Amazon". Does anybody have personal experience buying from them? Does this seem on the up and up? Also wondering if buying there would have any effect on warranty? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Danoh

If it's sold by Amazon itself you are 100% good to go - fast and free shipping, easy no question asked returns. I buy tons of stuff from Amazon, almost everything including airguns and pellets. I've bought Benjamin Bulldog from Amazon a few years ago. If it's sold by Amazon, then it also guarantees that they are an official distributor of the product as well. Just make sure that it specifically says "Ships from Amazon, Sold by Amazon" under "Buy Now" button on the product page when you add it to your cart. There are lots of 3rd party sellers on Amazon and sometimes if there are other sellers for a product you can end up with some other seller accidentally, which happened to me a few days ago. Also, when you check out your order it should say "Sold by:Amazon.com Services LLC" under the product name.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 5.05.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 5.01.39 PM.png

If I were you, I would see if Rich at Airgun Revisions would match the price. He has a deal with Crosman and Benjamin and can and will match a Amazon price.

PLUS he's a dealer and a very nice fella!
Already ordered from Amazon. If I had known about Airgun Revisions, I certainly would have reached out to Rich. I would much prefer to give my business to a smaller, personalized outfit. Maybe next purchase - I’m getting bitten by the PCP bug!

Reactions: SteveV and Robin A
My first Gamo Pt85 blowback pistol was from Amazon and was defective. When I tried to get a refund I was refered to Gamo USA.

The Gamo rep stated that the policy was for returns only. He scoffed at my complaints and said that "it was only an airgun".

I ended up repairing it myself.
It was probably sold by Gamo on Amazon, not Amazon itself. Pyramyd Air sells lots of stuff on Amazon too. I never had any issues returning products and getting a full refund from Amazon. For orders from 3rd party sellers, Amazon has a so-called "A-to-Z Guarantee", which basically protects you in case if 3rd-party seller does not want to process a return or refund. Note that you can't get a refund without returning a product, I'm not sure if you were trying to return pt85 or if you were trying to get a partial refund for it because it was defective.