Buying First PCP

ach, " Seriously, find a match somewhere. If there isn't anything close, see if you can find someone on here or through a local range that will let you try a variety. John told me the same thing several months ago, I listened, and it was very good advice. "

That is what you did after inquiring about different rigs and the face to face did make a difference correct?

For the most part airgun folks are friendly and happy to let others shoot what they have and esp. starting out it is always a lot of helpful fun getting to know whomever is around your area, might even find a deal!

John

John,

In a word, yes. I followed your and other's advice to find other shooters. I contacted the local air rifle club and attended the practice session before the silhouette match. The guys were great. I shot probably a dozen guns and pretty quickly learned what I liked and didn't like. Used my "short list" to look for guns. Ordered a new 0.177 BroCock Sniper after shooting a Bantam and loving it, but wanting a regulated version. While waiting bought a hot-rodded P-Rod (regulated, after-market trigger, carbon fiber shroud, FX 450 CC bottle, AR stock) to get me going while waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Saw a used 0.177 DayState Air Wolf set up for FT with a good scope at a good price, ordered it, and as soon as I was certain it worked correctly cancelled the order for the Sniper. I'm very happy with the Air Wolf, and the P-Rod is fun and compact.

Evan

PS my "handle" is ACHiPo (as in High Power). It's the name of the street version of the Shelby 427 Cobra made by AC (the British manufacturer of chassis and body used for Shelby's Cobra) after Shelby moved on to GT 40s and Mustangs. One of my other hobbies.

1538257834_15924831245baff3aa228bf8.70093685_CSX 3130 passengers 3-4 rear.jpg

Sweet ride! I also have a Hatsan At44 in 177. Love it to death. Amazing accuracy and 40 shots per fill. It is a heavier gun but I shoot from bench or sticks. If you watch the prices they do take a dive once in a while (got mine for $248). There are a lot of other guns out there that offer as much but at a price. It is a good time to be a pcp shooter.