Buying first PCP

Hi!

As an owner of a Weihrauch springer, I'm looking to buy my first PCP. I'm looking for a quiet (neighbor friendly), accurate and long range PCP. After searching I ended up with three options:

1. Air Arms S510 XS TDR or Air Arm S510T Tactical

2. Weihrauch HW100/110 ST.

3. FX Panthera or M3 or Wildcat mk3 bt.

I Liked the Weihrauch HW 110 ST it is the cheapest of them, but I read a lot of reviews of this gun that it has a power drop issue. The wildcat, hw100 and air arms have the same price.

I need your thought and opinions on which one do you recommend.

Note: I need the PCP for target practice only.

Reactions: Wait_what
Are you looking for a straight out of the box good shooter or something that requires going down the "tinkering rabbit hole" to make it shoot accurately?
It's an important question to ask yourself. IMHO, as a FIRST pcp, get a simple, accurate, proven, satisfying shooter like the Air Arms, Daystate Huntsman, FX Royale, etc. Tinkering & the frustration that frequently accompanies it is not a POSITIVE way to get introduced to PCP's. Again, my OPINION.

I'd also include the Daystate Revere in your list.
With that said, I recently purchased a Weihrauch HW110 ST from Airguns of Arizona . I chose it for these reasons.
1.) Range: I will only be shooting out to a max of ~40 yds
2.) I shoot off of bags and the weight of the 110 is conducive to this style of shooting.
3.) Value; You get a lot of gun for the price.
4.) Trigger; The 110 trigger is phenomenal right out of the box.
5.) Excellent no fuss magazines.
6.) A real barrel, not a shroud and a liner.
7.) Fit and finish
8.) Hand pump friendly
9.) It has plenty of knockdown power.
10.) Quiet. Very backyard friendly. I have a retired cop in back, an active duty cop in the front and a Karen on one side.

I hava an AA S510 FAC .22 carbine regulated. It is the easiest to shoot accurately and rightfully so. My evanix rainstorm can keep up, the trigger is the only thing holding it back from being as easy to shoot as the 510. The AA also does not care what it eats, shoots everything that i have fed it, crossmans, h&n snipers, patriot slugs, nsa slugs, all dead on and only elevation changes. It is all in how much you want to spend, personally i will never spend $2k on a pcp, but i will buy a used one and fix it, or overhaul it. I have $300 pcps that shoot excellent as well, but took more labor to get the that way.

Reactions: orangeokie
Hi!

As an owner of a Weihrauch springer, I'm looking to buy my first PCP. I'm looking for a quiet (neighbor friendly), accurate and long range PCP. After searching I ended up with three options:

1. Air Arms S510 XS TDR or Air Arm S510T Tactical

2. Weihrauch HW100/110 ST.

3. FX Panthera or M3 or Wildcat mk3 bt.

I Liked the Weihrauch HW 110 ST it is the cheapest of them, but I read a lot of reviews of this gun that it has a power drop issue. The wildcat, hw100 and air arms have the same price.

I need your thought and opinions on which one do you recommend.

Note: I need the PCP for target practice only.
i own an AA S510 and it is fairly quiet compared to AA pulsar . but very quiet with a moderator Busk Rail for $30 something works great .

Are you looking for a straight out of the box good shooter or something that requires going down the "tinkering rabbit hole" to make it shoot accurately?
It's an important question to ask yourself. IMHO, as a FIRST pcp, get a simple, accurate, proven, satisfying shooter like the Air Arms, Daystate Huntsman, FX Royale, etc. Tinkering & the frustration that frequently accompanies it is not a POSITIVE way to get introduced to PCP's. Again, my OPINION.
Yeah, I'm looking for a straight out of the box, as I don't experience with tinkering.

I'd also include the Daystate Revere in your list.
With that said, I recently purchased a Weihrauch HW110 ST from Airguns of Arizona . I chose it for these reasons.
1.) Range: I will only be shooting out to a max of ~40 yds
2.) I shoot off of bags and the weight of the 110 is conducive to this style of shooting.
3.) Value; You get a lot of gun for the price.
4.) Trigger; The 110 trigger is phenomenal right out of the box.
5.) Excellent no fuss magazines.
6.) A real barrel, not a shroud and a liner.
7.) Fit and finish
8.) Hand pump friendly
9.) It has plenty of knockdown power.
10.) Quiet. Very backyard friendly. I have a retired cop in back, an active duty cop in the front and a Karen on one side.
I heard the HW110 ST is easy to fill, queit and dead accurate, but can you shoot more than 40yds? do you have the power drop issue?
By the way, I laughed so hard at your last point, as I have the same problem.Thanks for the laugh.

I hava an AA S510 FAC .22 carbine regulated. It is the easiest to shoot accurately and rightfully so. My evanix rainstorm can keep up, the trigger is the only thing holding it back from being as easy to shoot as the 510. The AA also does not care what it eats, shoots everything that i have fed it, crossmans, h&n snipers, patriot slugs, nsa slugs, all dead on and only elevation changes. It is all in how much you want to spend, personally i will never spend $2k on a pcp, but i will buy a used one and fix it, or overhaul it. I have $300 pcps that shoot excellent as well, but took more labor to get the that way.
I understand your point of spending, but the prices in my country is as follows: hw110 st 1100$, the wildcat, hw100 and air arms 1700$ and panthera, M3 2000$.

Yeah, I'm looking for a straight out of the box, as I don't experience with tinkering.
Trust me on this. Call AOA right now and Order one of these. You will not be disappointed.”We the Plinkers”

B5BFCBA7-F95A-4FBF-908D-F3ECCC59D0CE.jpeg

I understand your point of spending, but the prices in my country is as follows: hw110 st 1100$, the wildcat, hw100 and air arms 1700$ and panthera, M3 2000$.
It is all what you want to spend. If shooting 50yds and under i can put cphps in a dime with my kral NP03( $225 used pcp). I have not shot it further, but that is what it is capable of so far. I bought my s510 used also for less than half retail. If you like to spend money buy an FX or Daystate, they will sell you all you want. Lol, other than that just watch videos and read reviews and buy what you like best. Panthera is going to be heavy slug shooter more for comps and the m3 is more of an all arounder, but i could never justify the cost of it new.

Check out the FX Royale 500. .25 cal., $1700 price range, incredibly accurate & smooth, quiet enough to not need a moderator. More power & range than other guns mentioned (100+ yards easily). Take a look, won't cost you anything but time (unless you decide to buy).

I heard the HW110 ST is easy to fill, queit and dead accurate, but can you shoot more than 40yds? do you have the power drop issue?
By the way, I laughed so hard at your last point, as I have the same problem.Thanks for the laugh.
I haven’t shot it past 40 yds, but it passed through a squirrels head at 40 And smacked the wooden shed Loud! My neighbors have been cool so far ,but I try to stay stealthy anyway

Without moderator?
Yes, the gun is very long and you can tame it down with an add on but to me, it just makes it way too long unless you’re on a bench. I hunt with my guns and dragging a fishing pole through the woods is no fun. The carbine version would be better but I find bullpups suit my style of use better.