Buyers beware

Hey yenniedn: You have been on the AGN forum since 2015 with excellent contributions. You have also owned, repaired and sold FX Impacts and parts. Given your experience does the OP's post make sense? It has been my experience that AGN references and feedback are typically 99.9% reliable. Unless the OP provides the sellers name and details of those swapped & loose parts we may have a chronic case of a June-2022 newbie seeking attention syndrome. :unsure:

"Well I trusted this person and their continued references to their feedback"

"Parts were swapped over, stuff was loose and eventually I had to mail it back to FX for leak repair".

You want screenshots or blood as a keyboard warrior I get it. Newbie ? Well thanks grinch.

I WTB a bone stock 600 m3 and got a parts swapped compact m3. Over 4 year old tank, loose probe and barrel. Swapped power block for non power block. Couldn’t get the m3 to tune. It eventually leaked and I sent to FX who had to redo a bunch of stuff that was backwards. Front valve adjuster, power block etc.

Reactions: 450BM
"don’t get fooled by an old man like I did"

Yes, you should only believe young people. They have much more common sense, and have so much more honesty and integrity; having grown up in so much saner world.

I've heard some highly trained young people can learn how to give correct change. Matter of fact, I've actually encountered one that had learned to push the correct keys on a point of sale system to make change. Unfortunately it was baffled by what "Amount tendered- $20.37", and "Change amount- "$10.00" means!🥴

It only took me a half-hour to teach it's manager what it means.:unsure:

:ROFLMAO:
Riiiight. So let’s compare an engineer to a cash checker right?? Thanks for teaching someone math. You’re so old and wise I bet you showed him AND his manager the basics with your pocket abacus.

Also - times are different. You may have grown up with horses and buggies , but I’ve seen a few too many old guys get stuck in their ways. Sounds about right here

Last edited:
Hey, I get it. It's hard to admit when you make a mistake or say something dumb so a lot of times it's easier just to double down on your original idea. So let's all go with assumption that the OP got the rifle in question over two months ago and waited all this time to say something about it because that totally makes sense.
This guy gets it

You bought the most tinkered with model in history from a community known around the world to be obsessed with modding equipment. Its one thing if the seller told you it was never taken apart or it "has less than one tin of pellets through it". Its another to buy a used complicated high performance air rifle and then be judgmental about a man's car. Did you try to let the seller make it up to you? Maybe it was an honest mistake?

You bought the most tinkered with model in history from a community known around the world to be obsessed with modding equipment. Its one thing if the seller told you it was never taken apart or it "has less than one tin of pellets through it". Its another to buy a used complicated high performance air rifle and then be judgmental about a man's car. Did you try to let the seller make it up to you? Maybe it was an honest mistake?
“Bone stock” “never disassembled” I used those terms exclusively in my add and when communicating with this man. Or I shouldn’t assume that from what I’ve seen. They/them

Yeah I don’t want to put this person on blast it doesn’t seem right. Just don’t buy from anyone in a Cadillac suv lol especially if it’s some CT4 junk (I don’t care if it’s your wife’s car)
Fair enough, good on you. Hate you got in a jam like this. Hopefully it's the last time. Sometimes it's just hard to know.

Reactions: Camoflash
You want screenshots or blood as a keyboard warrior I get it. Newbie ? Well thanks grinch.

I WTB a bone stock 600 m3 and got a parts swapped compact m3. Over 4 year old tank, loose probe and barrel. Swapped power block for non power block. Couldn’t get the m3 to tune. It eventually leaked and I sent to FX who had to redo a bunch of stuff that was backwards. Front valve adjuster, power block etc.
You made a serious accusation about a member of this forum who you claim engaged in a fraudulent activity. Your refusal to provide the sellers name suggests that your story is just a fantasy that you want to believe.

If you attempted to post this in the powder burner forums without all the facts you would be permanently banned. You are lucky that the AGN community is very forgiving.

At a minimum you should contact Michael or a moderator and let them know what occurred so that they can take corrective action if necessary.

Reactions: UCChris
"You’re so old and wise I bet you showed him AND his manager the basics with your pocket abacus."

No. I'm so OLD and WISE I'm not only able to make change, but do so without gadgets, gizmos, accessories or managers.

We're called Baby Boomers, and are the products of The Greatest Generation that lived through the most horrific carnage imaginable this side of video games in order to save Humanity. Some, TWICE!

Survivors returned home to conceive we Baby Boomers, raise us in traditional households, with morals and principles, teach us life and social skills, and respect others.

Especially our elders.

I'm sorry; did I wake you?😴

You made a serious accusation about a member of this forum who you claim engaged in a fraudulent activity. Your refusal to provide the sellers name suggests that your story is just a fantasy that you want to believe.

If you attempted to post this in the powder burner forums without all the facts you would be permanently banned. You are lucky that the AGN community is very forgiving.

At a minimum you should contact Michael or a moderator and let them know what occurred so that they can take corrective action if necessary.
Where’s the serious accusation? It’s a buyers beware - make sure you know what you’re buying. I AM ADMITTING FAULT. I labeled nobody in person.

"You’re so old and wise I bet you showed him AND his manager the basics with your pocket abacus."

No. I'm so OLD and WISE I'm not only able to make change, but do so without gadgets, gizmos, accessories or managers.

We're called Baby Boomers, and are the products of The Greatest Generation that lived through the most horrific carnage imaginable this side of video games in order to save Humanity. Some, TWICE!

Survivors returned home to conceive we Baby Boomers, raise us in traditional households, with morals and principles, teach us life and social skills, and respect others.

Especially our elders.

I'm sorry; did I wake you?😴
Glad you're fully qualified to be a cashier manager at the Dollar General.

Last edited:
Wow!
The original post was ok ... and then people on here, like GRITCH, come over as Moderator edit: insult and vulgarity removed.
He gets into an argument with yinniedn and then tries to change the subject when he is proven wrong - and then later tells the OP that " your story is just a fantasy that you want to believe."
Wow, folks, don't get so argumentative and feisty.
Original Post is just a reminder for the buyer to beware.

Last edited by a moderator:
A while back I bought a used AAS410 from a member with good feedback. It arrived in good condition despite being rather poorly packed. I mounted a scope from another gun and it shot a foot to the left at 30 yards. Adjusted to hit paper and it shot like a scattergun, even with JSB 18s, it's favorite pellet according to the seller. I contacted him about it and he replied "I've never had any trouble with it"- I didn't demand he take it back as I hadn't asked if it had issues. He also said it had been resealed. Over the course of time I tried numerous fixes and eventually got it shooting well a year or so later. In the process the gun began leaking. On disassembly to replace o-rings I had to use a torch to get the pressure tank apart which indicates to me that if it had in fact been resealed, the reseal was a very long time ago! I chose not to call this guy out due the time elapsed and the fact that I hadn't asked about issues. Lesson learned!! Would I buy from him again? No...
I ended up selling it cheap to a friend and it's doing great now.
So I guess in summary- check feedback and ask all the questions you can, listen hard to the answers and then roll the dice or not.
My most recent used gun I bought from a true gent who agreed to meet me at a local range and let me try it out. That's best but seldom possible.

The OP's original intent is unclear which has led to less than constructive banter. We have doled out numerous warning for violating the sites Rules and removed said content. We suggest the OP leaves the seller Feedback regarding the transaction. This is done by going to the sellers profile and clicking "Add Feedback".

Reactions: Camoflash