Buyers beware

I’ll keep this short -

Put up a WTB. A “long time” member responded and said they had exactly what I wanted (bone stock m3 impact). I didn’t know much about them at the time.

Well I trusted this person and their continued references to their feedback. Met up with them in person and paid for it. It wasn’t until I got home that I realized I got played. Parts were swapped over, stuff was loose and eventually I had to mail it back to FX for leak repair.

Just saying - check resources don’t get fooled by an old man like I did. Should’ve known by the cheap trashy fwd Cadillac SUV hahah

Met up with a guy years back to buy a Marlin 39, when looking at it he was telling me all the work he did. I didn't buy it because the side plate was sticking out by 1/8" or so and he couldn't explain why but said it was an accurate shooter... Disadvantage of buying used equipment is if it was or not "bubba'd". Also years back I picked up a Glock 27, had to replace most of the internals due to being bubba'smithed so it wasn't such a good deal in the end.

On the other hand I picked up a Diana 34 Panther directly from another gentleman, rifle was prestine and probably only shot a few times and decided it wasn't for him.

I’ll keep this short -

Put up a WTB. A “long time” member responded and said they had exactly what I wanted (bone stock m3 impact). I didn’t know much about them at the time.

Well I trusted this person and their continued references to their feedback. Met up with them in person and paid for it. It wasn’t until I got home that I realized I got played. Parts were swapped over, stuff was loose and eventually I had to mail it back to FX for leak repair.

Just saying - check resources don’t get fooled by an old man like I did. Should’ve known by the cheap trashy fwd Cadillac SUV hahah
This post doesn't do much good if we don't know who it was...

I’ll keep this short -

Strangely close to one of my purchases, pentiums loose, cocking handle darn near falling off, haven't figured out how they messed that up, loose cocking rod, just like someone took it apart watching a video and got it back together not quite right. Bright spot is...I've learned a heck of a lot about the disassembly and reassembly of Mavericks.

Reactions: Camoflash
I’ll keep this short -

Sorry for your bad deal. It happens to all of us, seemingly.
Correct. Never trust someone who drives an Escalame

If you purchased a gun sight unseen and it was shipped to you I would say you have a legitimate complaint. However, since you met with the seller and had the opportunity to inspect the gun you have no complaints.

Is this the same FX Impact M3 that you posted a WTB: 22 barrel and mags, last August 30, 2022? Why did you wait over 2-months to post your experience?

His WTB ad may have been started in August but was renewed a number of times so you can't just go by the original start date. It doesn't appear that he found what he was looking for until very recently.

It seems pretty clear that he didn't get the M3 he was looking for in August...or even if he did and chose to renew that WTB ad because he wanted another one, it would make sense that he's talking about whichever rifle he recently acquired and didn't wait over two months to post about his bad experience as you're guessing. It's common sense but if you want to stick to your well thought out theory, go ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
"don’t get fooled by an old man like I did"

Yes, you should only believe young people. They have much more common sense, and have so much more honesty and integrity; having grown up in so much saner world.

I've heard some highly trained young people can learn how to give correct change. Matter of fact, I've actually encountered one that had learned to push the correct keys on a point of sale system to make change. Unfortunately it was baffled by what "Amount tendered- $20.37", and "Change amount- "$10.00" means!🥴

It only took me a half-hour to teach it's manager what it means.:unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

Hey, I get it. It's hard to admit when you make a mistake or say something dumb so a lot of times it's easier just to double down on your original idea. So let's all go with assumption that the OP got the rifle in question over two months ago and waited all this time to say something about it because that totally makes sense.

It’s pretty simple. If you buy used airguns, you’re a gambling man. If the Google gunsmith doesn’t disclose what he’s done to the gun, hold him accountable by at least putting his name out there if you are starting a topic about it. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke and not moving us in the right direction to be able to buy used guns with full disclosure. When guys start to understand that they can’t dump their hack jobs off and get away with it, it will at least make guys more up front with what they are selling. And the best part, it will bring prices down to where they should be.

Hey yenniedn: You have been on the AGN forum since 2015 with excellent contributions. You have also owned, repaired and sold FX Impacts and parts. Given your experience does the OP's post make sense? It has been my experience that AGN references and feedback are typically 99.9% reliable. Unless the OP provides the sellers name and details of those swapped & loose parts we may have a chronic case of a June-2022 newbie seeking attention syndrome. :unsure:

"Well I trusted this person and their continued references to their feedback"

"Parts were swapped over, stuff was loose and eventually I had to mail it back to FX for leak repair".
My original response to your post only referred to this portion of your post:

Is this the same FX Impact M3 that you posted a WTB: 22 barrel and mags, last August 30, 2022? Why did you wait over 2-months to post your experience?

I made no assumptions as to who the seller was, what happened between the two parties or who was at fault; the OP can choose to chime in on those topics whenever he feels like. My point to you was that whatever happened, it wasn't likely from a late August purchase because his WTB ad was renewed numerous times through mid-November...so his M3 purchase likely happened much more recently than that.

This post doesn't do much good if we don't know who it was...
Yeah I don’t want to put this person on blast it doesn’t seem right. Just don’t buy from anyone in a Cadillac suv lol especially if it’s some CT4 junk (I don’t care if it’s your wife’s car)
If you purchased a gun sight unseen and it was shipped to you I would say you have a legitimate complaint. However, since you met with the seller and had the opportunity to inspect the gun you have no complaints.

Yes - I do agree that’s why I am taking some of this fault. I did not know enough to make a full inspection at a gas station. Plus I trusted this person which is also my fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: 450BM
It’s pretty simple. If you buy used airguns, you’re a gambling man. If the Google gunsmith doesn’t disclose what he’s done to the gun, hold him accountable by at least putting his name out there if you are starting a topic about it. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke and not moving us in the right direction to be able to buy used guns with full disclosure. When guys start to understand that they can’t dump their hack jobs off and get away with it, it will at least make guys more up front with what they are selling. And the best part, it will bring prices down to where they should be.
I don’t disagree with you. But this post helps more than me just vent. There are a lot of new buyers in this forum that need to read something like this.

The problem with this country is peoples inability to empathize. If old home boy wants to jump in and defend himself he sure can. But I’m not going to knife him down for being an MOD EDIT REMOVED INSULT

Reactions: 450BM and whyzee