Buyer Beware

Started with gold ($60) M50 filter, black YH filter before and blue (cotton) filter after, similar to Biohazardman's successful set-up in a humidity-controlled basement. What worked for Bio, failed miserably in my humid Florida garage, black YH filter's cotton insert got soaked. Added copper-colored ($125) coalescing filter, black YH filter clean and dry since. If I'd been able to run YH inside air-conditioned house, might not have needed copper-colored coalescing filter, wasn't an option. I'd start with what you have, add components, as needed. WM
Good deal I'll give it a go Sunday or Monday and see what happens!

Good deal I'll give it a go Sunday or Monday and see what happens!
Try Bio's suggestions. One, items to be filled placed high, make moisture work uphill. Two, keep cooling water level with compressor, water pump will appreciate. Three, filters vertical. Four, external fan at rear of compressor. Bio's Yong Heng Fact Sheet can be found in archives, very helpful. WM

Reactions: achilles8
Try Bio's suggestions. One, items to be filled placed high, make moisture work uphill. Two, keep cooling water level with compressor, water pump will appreciate. Three, filters vertical. Four, external fan at rear of compressor. Bio's Yong Heng Fact Sheet can be found in archives, very helpful. WM
I did all this with the exception of the external fan which I will add. Filled with oil ran for 5 minutes not under pressure, tightened a couple leaking fittings. Then filled the 700cc bottle on my impact from 120ish to 250 bar in under 5 minutes. Meant to add no water at all on the small cotton filter.

Last edited:
I did all this with the exception of the external fan which I will add. Filled with oil ran for 5 minutes not under pressure, tightened a couple leaking fittings. Then filled the 700cc bottle on my impact from 120ish to 250 bar in under 5 minutes. Meant to add no water at all on the small cotton filter.
Sounds good, I've posted my Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) several times, I'll post again to see if you find anything helpful. My air station is permanent except for stool, water bucket, water pump and hoses, which are set up and broken down each session. Start by placing gun on upper shelf blanket and attach air hose. Fill bucket, place on stool in sink, assure rear screen of water pump is wide open, attach hose and place in bucket. Affix water hoses to compressor, twist tie to bucket handle. Add ice bottles, chill water for 20 minutes, turn water pump on to pre-chill ROOM TEMPERATURE compressor head to 18 degree C range. Rear fan on high, all three pressure-release valves open (one on copper filter, two on YH) oil level OK, start compressor. Close pressure-release valves. (At some point, during the 3–5 minute fill time, I split-second open each pressure-release valve, one at a time, to release moisture.) When gun gauge indicates full, open all pressure-release valves, run machine few seconds, then shut off. Water pump and rear fan remain on. Remove gun. After 45 minutes, compressor cool to touch and head temp at 18 degree C range (may need to replace ice bottles) ready to fill next gun. WM

Reactions: achilles8