Buyer Beware

Member recently posted link to Walmart website where "Yong Heng" had been purchased from seller, Growthrill (Business Name: Greenshine New Energy LLC.) Visit reveals ad pics showing (2017) metal ID plate with YongyIheng Pneumatic Co. noted, as well as YONG HENG, in white lettering, printed on compressor side. In another thread, same member posts pics of freshly arrived compressor. The words, "YongyIheng Pneumatic Co." and "Yong Heng" are not found on compressor, including (2022) metal ID plate, which only states "Made in China." A classic "bait and switch?" you be the judge. WM

Member recently posted link to Walmart website where "Yong Heng" had been purchased from seller, Growthrill (Business Name: Greenshine New Energy LLC.) Visit reveals ad pics showing (2017) metal ID plate with YongyIheng Pneumatic Co. noted, as well as YONG HENG, in white lettering, printed on compressor side. In another thread, same member posts pics of freshly arrived compressor. The words, "YongyIheng Pneumatic Co." and "Yong Heng" are not found on compressor, including (2022) metal ID plate, which only states "Made in China." A classic "bait and switch?" you be the judge. WM
Man that sucks mine should be here Friday. (n)

I bought mine from Walmart which advertised it as a YH and the photo showed YH. When it arrived, there was no YH logo on the case. Anyway, after three years it died and while I was waiting for a new piston, I bough another YH from Amazon. This one does, in fact, have the YH decal on the side. Comparing the two, I have to conclude they are identical.

Man that sucks mine should be here Friday. (n)
Might explain Growthrill's 74% overall approval rating. Many play fast and loose with ad pics but never seen one actually post a picture of metal ID plate with YongyIHeng Pneumatic Co., knowing this, and the white-lettered, "YONG HENG," on compressor, are "clues" we use to identify an authentic Yong Heng. The $174 price (authentic should be around $250) is another hint something is amiss. I'd send back any compressor not displaying same as ad pics with note to Walmart of concerns, unless you'd rather risk owning a clone. WM

I bought mine from Walmart which advertised it as a YH and the photo showed YH. When it arrived, there was no YH logo on the case. Anyway, after three years it died and while I was waiting for a new piston, I bough another YH from Amazon. This one does, in fact, have the YH decal on the side. Comparing the two, I have to conclude they are identical.
Like the Husqvarna Dealer told my neighbor, who was attempting a warranty claim on a "clone," "No matter how well a product is copied, it will never become the real thing." WM

Might explain Growthrill's 74% overall approval rating. Many play fast and loose with ad pics but never seen one actually post a picture of metal ID plate with YongyIHeng Pneumatic Co., knowing this, and the white-lettered, "YONG HENG," on compressor, are "clues" we use to identify an authentic Yong Heng. The $174 price (authentic should be around $250) is another hint something is amiss. I'd send back any compressor not displaying same as ad pics with note to Walmart of concerns, unless you'd rather risk owning a clone. WM
Yes sir, I've read many of your post on it and the pic of the plate was exactly why I decided to go that way. We'll see when it gets here for that price I might roll with the clone for while just see how long it last.

Yes sir, I've read many of your post on it and the pic of the plate was exactly why I decided to go that way. We'll see when it gets here for that price I might roll with the clone for while just see how long it last.
Search for recent thread, with wording similar to, "Why did my oil turn so dark?" I found Firewalker's post interesting and will be curious if you decide to keep yours, it's a suspected clone, and you experience similar results. Best of Luck, WM

Search for recent thread, with wording similar to, "Why did my oil turn so dark?" I found Firewalker's post interesting and will be curious if you decide to keep yours, it's a suspected clone, and you experience similar results. Best of Luck, WM
I likely will keep it unless something on it looks really wrong. My setup will be very similar to yours once my molecular sieve comes in. I'll update when I've had a chance to run it with how it goes.

I likely will keep it unless something on it looks really wrong. My setup will be very similar to yours once my molecular sieve comes in. I'll update when I've had a chance to run it with how it goes.
Sounds good, if compressor doesn't appear as ad pics, I'd include that information on any Feedback requested by Walmart, at least you might warn potential customers of the discrepancy. WM

Sounds good, if compressor doesn't appear as ad pics, I'd include that information on any Feedback requested by Walmart, at least you might warn potential customers of the discrepancy. WM
Will do for sure, I did eat lunch with a friend of mine who was recently a Wal-Mart store manager and he said because the third party is a "pro-seller" there would be no issue whatsoever taking it back to the store rather than online should i decide to do so.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Neighbor said same thing to Husqvarna Dealer, reply was anybody who thinks they all come from same factory needs to see a psychiatrist.
Well it came in no yong henge on the side and the attached plate. I think I'm going to run it doing a bunch of shooting for 30 days and see how it goes. It'll be Sunday before I'm back in town and have the oil for it. I did also purchase the attached seperator and was planning to get the gold molecular sieve, but do you think the separator along with the small yong heng filter would be good enough for short runs just filling guns? I will be filling I'm my fairly small very well air conditioned reloading room.

Screenshot_20230519-192108_Chrome.jpg

20230519_192139.jpg

Reactions: pecor
Well it came in no yong henge on the side and the attached plate. I think I'm going to run it doing a bunch of shooting for 30 days and see how it goes. It'll be Sunday before I'm back in town and have the oil for it. I did also purchase the attached seperator and was planning to get the gold molecular sieve, but do you think the separator along with the small yong heng filter would be good enough for short runs just filling guns? I will be filling I'm my fairly small very well air conditioned reloading room.

View attachment 357771

View attachment 357772
I have that setup, I haven’t detected any moisture beyond the big gold separator. I wondered if attaching a cooler pack to it before filling to enhance moisture removal. Where I live isn’t typically humid though, except for occasionally winter humidity.

I have that setup, I haven’t detected any moisture beyond the big gold separator. I wondered if attaching a cooler pack to it before filling to enhance moisture removal. Where I live isn’t typically humid though, except for occasionally winter humidity.
Thought about cooling that separator myself, I'm in central MS so it's super humid for sure. My reloading room is way overkilled with ac though so the humidity should be low as possible in my location.

View attachment 357771

View attachment 357772
Not surprised, seeing a "bait-switch" pattern, seller is devious, "planting" evidence he knows we look for when searching for authentics. Reason for thread was to get the word out about this, scammers keep trying harder to deceive, we need to share so others can make informed decisions.

Thought about cooling that separator myself, I'm in central MS so it's super humid for sure. My reloading room is way overkilled with ac though so the humidity should be low as possible in my location.
Started with gold ($60) M50 filter, black YH filter before and blue (cotton) filter after, similar to Biohazardman's successful set-up in a humidity-controlled basement. What worked for Bio, failed miserably in my humid Florida garage, black YH filter's cotton insert got soaked. Added copper-colored ($125) coalescing filter, black YH filter clean and dry since. If I'd been able to run YH inside air-conditioned house, might not have needed copper-colored coalescing filter, wasn't an option. I'd start with what you have, add components, as needed. WM