Buyer Beware...Airgun.us is a fake site

Just updating the group on what just happened to me. Should have searched better before placing an order thinking it would be easy for paypal to back me if its a scam site.

Turns out these scammers are some of the best I've ever come across.

For me they actually have real USPS tracking info that shows that a shipment from Amazon was delivered somewhere in my own city which they also provide to Paypal.
USPS tracking

I have informed delivery with USPS so I know this package was never addressed to my house. Where they actually sent this throw away package is very intriguing to me. It's obviously some $1 item with free prime delivery from Amazon. I'm thinking they googled some random address in my city and sent it there that way I wouldn't have the actual package in my hands to dispute with.

Either way I have a claim open with paypal as well as my CC.

I'm actually wondering if it would have been better for me to lie and say I got the package and they sent me the wrong stuff. That way the tracking isn't a factor but I'd still be able to scam the scammers back. 

Good luck with your effort. My CC that got used is with CHASE. I’ve been dealing with their fraud department for over three months. They’ve affirmed the charge three times now. Yesterday I called CHASE again and was told IT IS NOT THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT that handles this, it’s their DISPUTE department. I spoke to an imbecile that, from the accent, I assume was in the Philippines. She gave me a long list of things I’d need to submit. It’s the same poope they already have. Apparently they can’t use that. It’s all, just like all banks, a runaround of BS. I decided it’s too much trouble to deal with them on it any longer. So, if you’re with Chase, you’re probably screwed. Do not expect PayPal to help. They told me they don’t investigate, they accept what the bank concludes. It’s only $99.99, and while I hate being scammed, you pay for your education.

I agree the site (there are a number of them) are very slick. Now, if I buy from a new (to me) online business, I’ll check them out thoroughly.

The only route to shut these twerds down is:

**file a complaint with the FTC
**contact the registrar for the site and claim fraud—can get them deplatformed if enough of us complain.

Best of luck getting a refund. My advice is abandon all hope.

Oh, yes, I’m closing my Chase accounts. Cops and Alphabet org tell me banks and PayPal aren’t really interested in correcting fraudulent transactions.

So I contacted PayPal THE DAY OF ordering my three tins of pellets from Airgun.Us and added a copy and paste of this thread and another one I found. Like an idiot, I did my research AFTER I made my order when I saw on my PalPal account that the receipt was all in Chinese. 

Something was fishy. If it is called Airgun.Us, why would all the receipts be in Chinese ? 

So, like I said, I filed a "didn't receive my goods" literally minutes after I made my order and the NEXT DAY my money was refunded and back in my PayPal account. I felt vindicated !!! 

So I contacted PayPal THE DAY OF ordering my three tins of pellets from Airgun.Us and added a copy and paste of this thread and another one I found. Like an idiot, I did my research AFTER I made my order when I saw on my PalPal account that the receipt was all in Chinese. 

Something was fishy. If it is called Airgun.Us, why would all the receipts be in Chinese ? 

So, like I said, I filed a "didn't receive my goods" literally minutes after I made my order and the NEXT DAY my money was refunded and back in my PayPal account. I felt vindicated !!! 

Yeah. With paypal I ignorantly did "unauthorized transaction" immediately after I realized it was a scam and they turned that down with the quickness which I honestly agree with. I chose the wrong thing. So now I've got a chargeback claim going with my CC and I have an appeal going with Paypal since you can't file a claim more than once for a single transaction. I sent them screen shots of everything but really I'm more so betting on my CC to cover me than I am Paypal.

Airgun.us is a totally fake site. I have had personal experience with them and know this for a fact. They will take your order, charge your credit card, but you will never get the items or even an email confirming your order. If you check your credit card statement online you will discover they used a fake name to process the charges. Even their phone number and address are fake.  BUYER BEWARE!! AIRGUN.US IS A FRAUD.

thanks man

Airgun.us is a totally fake site. I have had personal experience with them and know this for a fact. They will take your order, charge your credit card, but you will never get the items or even an email confirming your order. If you check your credit card statement online you will discover they used a fake name to process the charges. Even their phone number and address are fake.  BUYER BEWARE!! AIRGUN.US IS A FRAUD.

Just to add to this. In the last 8 months they have gotten much better at their scam.

You will receive a very official looking order confirmation. The only thing that even seems off is the fact the PayPal payment goes to a gibberish email address and the PayPal user name for me was Charity Hebert.

Like I mentioned earlier you will also receive a real USPS tracking number and for me it showed delivered in my city. It also shows it was an Amazon.com order. Most people will blame the post office for not receiving their package. 

This type of fraudulent behavior does reputable companies an injustice because they " the frauds " create business names similar to the real companies and not just Airguns. 

I'm fortunate enough to have a dealer 10 miles away and all large purchases are done by simply texting him.

Good point. It's a real shame that we live in a time where there is SO much fraud and blaming the post office is just an easy scapegoat. Ugh. This is why we help each other out here. I would've gone about my day and eventually wondered where my package was, but because of this thread, (and the 100% Chinese PayPal receipt was a hint :) ) I averted failure. 

You're so lucky ! I always read threads on the other site I'm on (Talkbass.com) and so many people rely on online shopping because there isn't a music store anywhere near them at all because they live in rural areas. I'd always think how lucky I am to have music stores near me in every direction. 

I wish I could say the same about airgun stores. The closest one is in Sacramento, which is an hour and a half drive from me. I called the owner the other day to ask a question and he was really polite and gave me his cell number, so your thread reminded me of that, but 10 miles, wow !!! That's awesome. 

I know when I order from a new online site, I will check them out on social media prior to sending them any money.

Lot of people don't like FB, but these days most legit businesses use social media, or at very least have a business page set up.

I mean this airgun.us if you look at the physical address listed its an address on the Interstate, thats should be a huge 🚩to anyone...

They are using airguns of Texas contact info if you click on contact

Screenshot_20210803-154941_Chrome.1628020208.jpg

Finally got my permanent credit from citicard after they turned it down the first time due to the scammer having tracking info. 

Below is the email I sent to citi card after I got my denied claim notice on August 18th.

Airgunus.us is scam website and the way they operate is by shipping random cheap items from Amazon.com to an address in the same city as the buyer. That way USPS.com shows the item has been delivered and the buyer does not actually have the package to use as proof of being sent the wrong item(s).

I have attached the following documents.

• A - My signed letter to continue disputing this transaction.
  • B - My order email showing what I ordered from Airgunus.us and how much I paid.
  • C - The Paypal payment confirmation for the Airgunus.us order.
  • D - The email from Paypal which includes the tracking number for the shipment.
  • E - The tracking history for that tracking number showing the package came from Amazon.com and that it was delivered (not to me, to somewhere else).
    •  I can go to the post office and request the actual address the package was delivered to if that would help. I prefer not to since the lines are so long but if I must I will.
  • F - My USPS Informed Delivery history showing that the tracking number they provided was never addressed to my house.

Bmr4life, you just told my story. Only 36 bucks for me. I still get upset whenever someone post on here about this. But what really makes me need to vent is the middle companies, Paypal, master card, visa, etc. None of them care about anything but their money. I don't care what anyone says. This is a very organized crime scheme and they know how to play the game. And their real good at it. The card companies just pass the debt to you rather than fight for you. But remember when you enrolled with them? They were going to give you the world. And always stand behind you. I closed 2 Capitol one cards to the tune of 50k a year on transactions because they wouldn't back me up on a 36 buck scam over a tracking #. And they couldn't care less. At the time I didn't know I had to research the crap out of companies with professional websites before I purchased. But now I do. Seems like everybody has my back till there's a problem. If there's money or votes involved, then that's all its about. Period. Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh yeah. That reminds me. Paypal was no help. Didn't want any documents and did not care.

Bmr4life, you just told my story. Only 36 bucks for me. I still get upset whenever someone post on here about this. But what really makes me need to vent is the middle companies, Paypal, master card, visa, etc. None of them care about anything but their money. I don't care what anyone says. This is a very organized crime scheme and they know how to play the game. And their real good at it. The card companies just pass the debt to you rather than fight for you. But remember when you enrolled with them? They were going to give you the world. And always stand behind you. I closed 2 Capitol one cards to the tune of 50k a year on transactions because they wouldn't back me up on a 36 buck scam over a tracking #. And they couldn't care less. At the time I didn't know I had to research the crap out of companies with professional websites before I purchased. But now I do. Seems like everybody has my back till there's a problem. If there's money or votes involved, then that's all its about. Period. Thanks for letting me vent.

I had the same mindset. If citicard had denied my claim I was going to close the cards I have with them.

Also, I completely agree this is the best scam I've seen. Hard to think of a different word than impressive.

I have entered my Dad's sage advice in response to many threads about fraudulent dealers. So one more time and never again. ONLY BUY REPUTABLE ITEMS MADE BY REPUTABLE COMPANIES FROM REPUTABLE DEALERS. KEY WORD IS REPUTABLE. YOU CAN FIND MANY OF THEM THE ON THE HEADER AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. DAYSTATE, FX,HATSAN, CROSMAN, AND SEVERAL OTHERS. WHEN YOU HUNT "DEALS" YOU WILL GET SWINDLED. REPUTABLE ALWAYS COSTS MORE. YOU GET WARRANTIES THAT ARE HONORED, GOODS THAT ARE DELIVERED AND ITEMS THAT WORK WELL. WHEN YOU GET SWINDLED YOU LOSE YOUR ENTIRE INVESTMENT. THAT'S THE LAST TIME I WILL EVER ENTER DAD'S SAGE ADVICE INTO A THREAD. GOOD LUCK.

Well, my experience with PayPal on the Airguns.us scan was very positive. PayPal ruled in my favor and my money was refunded, no arguments or any hassle. I have no complaints. Sorry for those of you who did not get a resolution to your case.

What was your dispute reason? Might help the next victim.

I explained that I tried contacting the vendor twice with no response and that there were a lot of complaints against this vendor and that the vendor was running a scam. I did not expect to win, but PayPal did rule in my favor. Luck of the draw?