Buyer Beware...Airgun.us is a fake site

They got me too.

An hour after I placed an order someone bought a $300 coffee machine in Frisco with my credit card.

My bank caught it, but I still had to cancel my card.

I called the contact number on the website and it's to a real airgun shop, but they have nothing to do with that site. They're basically just stealing his contact info. 

I didn't lose any money thankfully, but to borrow a line from Pulp Fiction, "it'd be worth letting him do it, just as long as I can catch him doing it."

One day..... 

How did u get your money back?

Through PayPal. I got mine nearly immediately. I mistakingly got excited ( like we all did ! ) that they had something in stock. Before I even got the "Your item has shipped" email, or whatever I IMMEDIATELY contacted PayPal and attached all the Google searches and it was easy....

I should've done my research first, but like all of us, didn't. 

I think debit cards are the least safe way to shop online. Call your bank now and explain the situation and see what they say. Do not take no for an answer! You may very well need to do research showing that the site is indeed a scam. Someone here may be able to help you with that as I know more than a couple people have gone through what you are.

Good Luck

i tried to use that site to buy a p3 and only realized it's a scam once i tried to use paypal. it looks like the paypal payment page itself is a clone of the real paypal site meant to collect your login details. i'm not sure if it works exactly like this but the behavior of the paypal payment page was pretty clearly suspicious. i came within an inch of paying with bitcoin just to support alt economics but refrained simply because "paypal is easier".

the "clever" thing about this specific scam is that the prices are good but not unbelievable.

Reactions: mb94952
i tried to use that site to buy a p3 and only realized it's a scam once i tried to use paypal. it looks like the paypal payment page itself is a clone of the real paypal site meant to collect your login details. i'm not sure if it works exactly like this but the behavior of the paypal payment page was pretty clearly suspicious. i came within an inch of paying with bitcoin just to support alt economics but refrained simply because "paypal is easier".

the "clever" thing about this specific scam is that the prices are good but not unbelievable.
Pretty much, as far as I know, so the conventional wisdom is to never log into a site from an Email link. Go to the site directly, like PayPal. Also, if you put the cursor over the lower left icon of the company and it shows a random email address, you know it's fake. Also, PayPal will NEVER address you as "Dear Customer" it will ALWAYS be "Dear John Doe" .