• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Buy a Dreamlite or save for an Impact?

Dont settle for less than you want. You will always regret it thinking you got good enough.

This is what causes us to keep buying more airguns. With the impact you can adjust to your hearts content, change calibers, barrel twist rates & spend lots of cash. Get the Impact and just spend hundreds at a time modifying. Then again, you can get the Dreamlite now and start saving for the next even better, new improved version of the Impact. It may even be less expensive with all of the competition out there.

I would imagine there are more than a few guys with this dilemma right now. 

Normally I would agree with the guys that say to go ahead and save for the Impact but we are talking DOUBLE the price. For the price of an Impact you could spend about $200 more and buy a Dreamline AND a Wildcat. I like the sound of that better.

It is a terrible problem to have. Whatever you decide you are going to have a bad@ss airgun. 

While some people like to tinker and continually change things, sadly, I've found that when I setup a gun for a particular ammunition and it's shooting well, I tend to leave it alone. My Impact is setup for the King Heavies (.25) I can shoot the standard .25 pellets, but it's set for the King Heavies. I won't be buying a slug barrel simply because I'd have to set it up again for the slugs. Too much hassle.

To make a long story short, if you plan on shooting both pellets and slugs, get two dreamlines. Set one up for pellets, the other for slugs. It'd be a couple hundred more than and Impact (Impact $2000, two Dreamlites about $2200, plus an extra scope, or two Dreamline Classics for $2000 plus the extra scope), but you can setup one for pellets and one for slugs. Then there's no hassle in switching from slugs to pellets and back.

Now, as the others have said, you can't go wrong with an Impact or Dreamline, but for one Impact you can get Two Dreamlines. After watching the UAG video, the Dreamline ain't no slouch.

I pity you having to make the decision. I'd hate to be in your shoes.

I was on the fence about it too, last year I was about to pull the trigger on the impact (pun?). But in my mind I just started adding up all the extra costs that comes along with it, given the fact that all my current guns fill to 3000psi and the impact fills to 4500psi. At first I didn't think much about it cause I had that impact fever. It wasn't until my wife said "are you going to have to buy a bigger scuba tank?" that it hit me. At that point you are $2000+ in the gun alone, another $300 on the atlas bipod, another $800+ on the optics, then another $500 or so on a carbon fiber tank. That $2000 rifle would actually hit me for $4000 or more at the beginning, and with a newborn at home, i couldn't justify it, with myself even. Then I saw it (seems like forever ago)... the videos of the dreamline... and my new fever hit me! I placed my order the other day for the dreamline lite in 25cal, and my wait is almost over. 

But people are right, get what YOU WANT! I mean the impact is an awesome rifle, but I'm at peace now with that its not the gun for me. The Dreamline had the cure for what ails me! And that might be the impact for you.

Good luck with that tough choice my friend

I was on the fence about it too, last year I was about to pull the trigger on the impact (pun?). But in my mind I just started adding up all the extra costs that comes along with it, given the fact that all my current guns fill to 3000psi and the impact fills to 4500psi.

TylerC - I believe the Impact only fills to 3650 psi. Still higher than SCUBA tanks, but do double check. I run my Impact off a 4500 psi tank regulated at 3000. I just don't fill to capacity and get fewer shots per fill. Still works grest

The dreamline platform is offered up to 30 cal. If it’s like the impact, the main differences between a 22 and a 30 should be (if I understand correctly) a smaller barrel, smaller transfer port, tuned down hammer, and tuned down regulator. Therefore if you change calibers to a 30 n tune up the hammer n reg ur shooting 80fpe. So I’d say it’s very capable of pushing 22cal slugs at likely over 1000fps. But, like bob said, your shot count will suffer immensely. IMO, if ur ok with shooting pellets, and u want a 22, grab a dreamline. If u want to shoot slugs or a larger caliber go impact simply for shot count. So...how badly do u want to shoot slugs? is the question.

I was on the fence about it too, last year I was about to pull the trigger on the impact (pun?). But in my mind I just started adding up all the extra costs that comes along with it, given the fact that all my current guns fill to 3000psi and the impact fills to 4500psi.

TylerC - I believe the Impact only fills to 3650 psi. Still higher than SCUBA tanks, but do double check. I run my Impact off a 4500 psi tank regulated at 3000. I just don't fill to capacity and get fewer shots per fill. Still works grest

So... just an update, I bought the Impact X this morning 😂😂. So there went my whole argument lol. On another note, gotta love side jobs. Covered the $820 difference in gun cost with 2 hours of work. I'll just use my tank to get it to 3k then hand pump the extra 650 psi if I feel like I need to. Exercise is good anyway lol.