Buy 30% cheaper from Europe? USD at near parity with the British Pound and the EURO

Don't forget to add the $66 duty charge for any Krale purchase over $800, however, still managed to save over $234 on recent AGT Uragan .25 "to-my-door" price over Talon Tunes. FX, if you're following this, I think the regional sales agreement that prohibits Krales from selling in the USA is hurting your bottom line. WM
FX's decision to contract with European distributors (such as Krale) not to sell in other regions protects distributors in other regions and vice versa. Also, there is surely a warranty coverage issue as well with products purchased in other regions vs where you are at. Other manufacturers may calculate otherwise,, do not calculate, or just happy to have distributors.

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Absolutely a good time to purchase from Europe. I just bought a pair of binoculars from this site recently for a significant discount compared to USA prices. I paid $630 vs $830 price in USA.

Shipping was Fed Ex and it took two days to get from Finland to Hawaii. I don't know how they did it but the shipping cost was only $10.

I would only order something if it is in stock. It was an easy, smooth, professional transaction.

Reactions: qball and fe7565
Use to be we had a strong usd . Not even or less ...lol. Like 1 usd got yo 1.50 of theres for example .. so were equal to or less to then now? Sad.
I’m sorry, but… what?

This is simply nonsense as far as the Euro is concerned. The US dollar has NEVER been worth 1.50 Euros. Never. Ever. Similarly the US dollar has NEVER been worth 1.5 UK Pounds Sterling. Never. Ever.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

We are currently at the HIGHEST we have ever been vs the UK Pound. At one point, over 50 years ago, it took as much as $4 to buy one UK Pound. In the 70’s it was $2.40 per Pound.

With respect to the Euro, currently 1 Euro will by about $0.96. When the Euro launched in 1999 (just as an “accounting” measure, no coins, bills, etc. it was worth $1.14. After they actually launched the currency itself in January 2002 it was worth approx $0.86. It has not been that low since and rose as high as $1.58 in March 2008. By any standard, $0.96 is pretty low for the Euro and pretty high for the US$.

And in case its not clear, I have quoted how many US dollars one Euro will buy. You could also flip it, so that using the monthly numbers I gave above, currently $1 will buy about EUR 1.04. In January 1999 $1 would buy EUR 0.88, while in January 2002 $1 would buy 1.16 Euro. In March of 2008 $1 would only buy 0.63 Euro (I remember that well, since I was trying to buy some camera equipment in Europe at the time. Needless to say, I didn’t bother.

Facts, people. Sometimes we need to pay attention to them.

Reactions: Jlowe
I’m sorry, but… what?

This is simply nonsense as far as the Euro is concerned. The US dollar has NEVER been worth 1.50 Euros. Never. Ever. Similarly the US dollar has NEVER been worth 1.5 UK Pounds Sterling. Never. Ever.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

We are currently at the HIGHEST we have ever been vs the UK Pound. At one point, over 50 years ago, it took as much as $4 to buy one UK Pound. In the 70’s it was $2.40 per Pound.

With respect to the Euro, currently 1 Euro will by about $0.96. When the Euro launched in 1999 (just as an “accounting” measure, no coins, bills, etc. it was worth $1.14. After they actually launched the currency itself in January 2002 it was worth approx $0.86. It has not been that low since and rose as high as $1.58 in March 2008. By any standard, $0.96 is pretty low for the Euro and pretty high for the US$.

And in case its not clear, I have quoted how many US dollars one Euro will buy. You could also flip it, so that using the monthly numbers I gave above, currently $1 will buy about EUR 1.04. In January 1999 $1 would buy EUR 0.88, while in January 2002 $1 would buy 1.16 Euro. In March of 2008 $1 would only buy 0.63 Euro (I remember that well, since I was trying to buy some camera equipment in Europe at the time. Needless to say, I didn’t bother.

Facts, people. Sometimes we need to pay attention to them.
Looks like he (Mo-Ron) got it backwards. The dollar is getting stronger vs other currencies. This the historic opportunity with the EUR and the GBP.

No i dont.. i never said euro i just as example . You dont want to give more usd for any curerncy never .. thats like buy high sell low . .lol moron. But you go ahead . That euro been artificially inflated.

Not like ive been anywhere and uesd exchange rates there

coin.jpg

Last edited:
No i dont.. i never said euro i just as example . You dont want to give more usd for any curerncy never .. thats like buy high sell low . .lol moron. But you go ahead . That euro been artificially inflated.

Not like ive been anywhere and uesd exchange rates there

View attachment 292900
:rolleyes:

Oh dear lord... Sigh...

• Haha
Reactions: Jlowe and fe7565
For anyone that cares, Inflation is running higher in Europe than the US, at about 10% as of August. I also think the Europeans were slower to raise rates than the US therefore we are seeing the strength of the USD vs Euro. That said, this might be a short period for getting a deal, if we hit a recession the Treasury will start printing money again and lowering rates, which may cause the Dollar to reverse course. Enjoy it while you can 🫤

-Marty

Pandemic boredom and money printing drove up the demand for durable goods beyond imagination while logistic crashed. As we recover from logistic problems slowly(moving out of China takes time) and everyone ordered way too much inventory the inflation might ease. Why do we have good deals? Because companies got so much inventory they can’t sell as durable goods are just that, durable and won’t needing replacement soon!!! Even I stopped buying FX guns!!! 🤣🤣🤣

In short we will turn from inflation to recession quicker and faster than we think. However, with lower commodity prices and strong manufacturing sector growth from realizing we need to be self sufficient with manufacturing especially with critical high tech items like chips and battery the US will stay strong while enjoy good deals. Russian just sh!t canned any future, China stole all their own money, EU is typical cluster F while rest of the world is even worse. Just look at Ukraine world, US enacted land lease to save the world just like WW2.

That’s my theory anyways as no one can predict future, but I still believe in the old doctrine of don’t bet against US!

Reactions: ChRiSiS
I get good deals with inflation. I never had it so good as like today's.

Like the turk dollar crashed did the trukish guns get super cheap? Is that 385$ hw 95 now less? No its 450$ maybe way its called inflation ,things get cheaper?
(Turkey has "lira", not dollar) I will try to make one good faith attempt to explain, then I am going to drown my sorrow for our nation (specifically for Lower Alabama) into a bottle of alcohol.

The buying opportunity here has to do with international trade and international currency devaluation. Cannot look at the USA only, because our country is going to hell in a handbasket as well with inflation and the US dollar losing value. So far the USD lost 8+% this year: so your $100 from a year ago is now worth about $91. However, in the international arena the USD getting stronger compared to other currencies. That is because the USD is in a unique situation for being the world's premier reserve currency. Does the USGOV deserve this with the current crisis brought on by our own stupidity? No, but the fact is that the USD is still king and foreigners (banks etc) are buying it up for safety because their own currency is rapidly devalued. Yes, we (the USGOV) are still just as indebted and dumbass as they are, but we are privileged to print our own money without having to back it up, unlike all other nations.

So, for a rough example, while an airgun in Turkey cost 10,000 Turkish lira a year ago (that was USD1000 a year ago) , that same airgun now (while still costing 10,000 liras) can be bought for USD600...but in Turkey. The whole point is that you must buy it in a foreign country, because airgun prices in the USA technically did not change. In reality the USD lost 8+% of its own value from a year ago, but not against other currencies. So, if you buy that same Turkish airgun (but in the USA!) a year ago for $1000, today that same $1000 you spend for the same rifle in the USA cost you USD1080 because of US inflation. But since the Turkish lira went from 10,000 to 18,000 per USD1000, you get to buy the same product in Turkey for that much less USD.

Turkey is not a really good example with 80% inflation going on (vs 10-30%), but you get the idea.

Last edited: