• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Buttplate recommendations for the FX Impact

Hey Guys

i want to buy a Buttplate for my Impact cause I want to change the length of the shoulder pull.

there are 2 badass models out: that from Saber Tactical and that from Kraford.

what would u choose or what are ur thoughts if u already have one of these?

would be really awesome to get a little help from friends. 😉

Regards

Patrick

I have the Kraford and Lypt and love it. Stephen, the owner is a great guy too. I'm sure all of the people that have the Saber Tactical like them too, although there was a post the other day about one of their stocks losing a pin which made it inoperable. A second person chimed in with the same problem. I think more than anything it boils down to which one you like the looks of best and what you think will suit your needs. Good luck! Stoti

1591488890_18122736545edc317ada1602.31174452.jpg

I have the Kraford and Lypt and love it. Stephen, the owner is a great guy too. I'm sure all of the people that have the Saber Tactical like them too, although there was a post the other day about one of their stocks losing a pin which made it inoperable. A second person chimed in with the same problem. I think more than anything it boils down to which one you like the looks of best and what you think will suit your needs. Good luck! Stoti

1591488890_18122736545edc317ada1602.31174452.jpg

Thank u very much for yours thoughts.

Ive seen the Post from the Saber Tactical buttplate. But things could happen, I don’t see it so bad. Is the Monopod very usefull in ur opinion? Cause I’ve built one on my own and I find it fiddly when shooting.

Regards

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

all pros other than the pin falling out as was mentioned by another guy and that also happened to me.

Saber Tactical has probably remedied the problem by now as mine is one of the very first ones sold. I put a little lock tight on it and it has stayed in place.

good luck!

Thanks for your thoughts, really appreciate it.

ok some thing happens to most of the parts that get released at first, does happen to the impacts as well, so no problem for me.

i think I take the Saber Tactical one.

thanks mate! 🤘🏻

Check this out, I do use the monopod because there's a threaded insert. if you turn it, the rear of the gun will go up and down to fine tune the crosshairs. It's super handy when using the gun from the bench. I should have pointed that out!

I also have a bag rider I use sometimes, I'll attach a picture below. I use it a lot too, depending where I'm shooting. It's an additional cost of course.

I certainly wouldn't worry about the Saber Tactical product, they're great products, great people, things happen and if they did, Donny would take care of you! For sure! 

Below is the bag rider I adapted for vertical use, it normally lays horizontally and would hit my external plenum, this is the way it should have been attached in the first place.

I see you got your Impact dialed in, very nice. Looks like it's shooting great. Got to love that. Have a good one. Stoti 

1591554439_3574086635edd3187839c52.95644214.jpg

Reactions: Patrick
Check this out, I do use the monopod because there's a threaded insert. if you turn it, the rear of the gun will go up and down to fine tune the crosshairs. It's super handy when using the gun from the bench. I should have pointed that out!

I also have a bag rider I use sometimes, I'll attach a picture below. I use it a lot too, depending where I'm shooting. It's an additional cost of course.

I certainly wouldn't worry about the Saber Tactical product, they're great products, great people, things happen and if they did, Donny would take care of you! For sure! 

Below is the bag rider I adapted for vertical use, it normally lays horizontally and would hit my external plenum, this is the way it should have been attached in the first place.

I see you got your Impact dialed in, very nice. Looks like it's shooting great. Got to love that. Have a good one. Stoti 

1591554439_3574086635edd3187839c52.95644214.jpg

Well that’s a completely new point with the threaded insert in the Monopod! Thanks for mention this, cause that really helps at benchrest shooting! 😉👍🏻 Thought there’s only the adjustment knob and the rest to dial with the bag.

really nice setup with that bag rider, u changed my decision. Thanks for sharing! I’ll get the Buttplate and maybe after a while the bagrider.

thanks for your feedback at my Impact, it was really frustrating to tune it like that.😂

Patrick

I've just received the Kraford and Lypt, had been waiting a while because they were out of stock everywhere.

Not sure I am going to keep it, imho, it adds too much weight, 1.06lbs, if add the bag rider, 1.25lbs total.

On a 700mm Fx Impact with typical 4.5x20 scope, no limit rings, Kraford and Lypt buttock, your getting over a 9.5 lbs package...

I'm only 5'8" and 165lbs, only bench rest for zeroing and tune, too much weight for me!

Definitely would like more length of pull, so I'm ordering a Saber Tactical.