Busy day.

1541203174_15294699885bdce4e6531d25.75693389_58423B3E-C4C7-4E1D-A344-82F38A078413.jpeg
1541203175_1447001545bdce4e748e808.98398762_987FF3ED-B436-4BE4-88B2-C3B85340EEB4.jpeg
Today I was able to get on a new farm to hunt pests . It’s a different kind of primission.The land owner doesn’t want any white pigeons shot. She sells them for 5$ each. The hope is that I can shape the flock by killing only dark birds. We will see what happens. Birds where very used to people on the farm and did not spook at all. Three where shot off a silo at 28 yards the rest where in a cow pen at about 64 yards. 

After that hunt I when for grey squirrles. Both of these squirrels where shot at 10 yards. They where barking at me and made no attempt to hide. 

For all both hunts I was using 18gr jsbs at about 880 FPS. 

Nice! The Huntsman Regal is a fine rifle. My farthest shot on a pigeon with my Regal was 102 yards. The average range that the pigeons present themselves in my area is from 60 to 75 yards and my Regal always nails them with one shot. Mine is also the non-regulated .22cal version pushing JSB 18.13gr. at 850 FPS / 29 FPE. Did you do any tuning to get yours shooting at 880 fps or is it straight out of the box? I noticed that a majority of the Huntsman Regals shoot the 18.13 grains at around 850 fps.

how exactly does one catch white pigeons and why do people want them? Do they train and race them? I saw someone who made a giant net trap that let birds in but not out but I wouldn't imagine they would need you if they were catching them. Genetically speaking increasing the odds of white birds mating with white I'd going to increase odds over that with a black bird since black is the dominant trait.

Nice! The Huntsman Regal is a fine rifle. My farthest shot on a pigeon with my Regal was 102 yards. The average range that the pigeons present themselves in my area is from 60 to 75 yards and my Regal always nails them with one shot. Mine is also the non-regulated .22cal version pushing JSB 18.13gr. at 850 FPS / 29 FPE. Did you do any tuning to get yours shooting at 880 fps or is it straight out of the box? I noticed that a majority of the Huntsman Regals shoot the 18.13 grains at around 850 fps.

That’s a great shot for any gun! 

My gun came from AOA at that speed. I would have to dig out then paper they sent but I believe it’s pushing about 31FPE for a max. 

Nice shooting! 

Fellow Huntsman Regal owner here too. I love your sling. Where did you get it? Did you mount standard Uncle Mike's sling stud mounts on the Regal? I've been tempted to use them, but I'm afraid the fore stock thickness is not adequate to take the stud without it protruding through.

The sling is actually my grandfathers. But there are some very nice slings on line that have all the looks and the feel. They are just standered stud mounts, but I had them installed by a local gun smith. I didn’t trust myself to do the job.

how exactly does one catch white pigeons and why do people want them? Do they train and race them? I saw someone who made a giant net trap that let birds in but not out but I wouldn't imagine they would need you if they were catching them. Genetically speaking increasing the odds of white birds mating with white I'd going to increase odds over that with a black bird since black is the dominant trait.

I believe the land owner is snagging the birds from the nest before they are able to fly. She said that people keep them as pets and also like you said to train dogs. Well if it works or not I’m happy to shoot and see what happens. 

Looks like a fun day. I always thought the Huntsman was beautiful but right now more than I can spend. Great shooting

The looks cought my eye but the way it mounts and shoots are what really matter to me. I know what you mean about the price tag. It was a big purchase for my first pcp. But from what I read going into the sale was that if I got a budget pcp I would eventually find myself buying a quality one. So I bit the bullet and went for it.